Wild Time In The Hinterland

Dinodadog

Had to drop down to my sponsors place ( my son ) yesterday arvo in the GC hinterland. There was a storm forming so I thought I had better get a few quick flicks in before it arrived. After a bit of scrub and paddock bashing and losing more blood, I was onto a hot bite, sadly the storm arrived to quickly and I was not going to get sapped with a rod in my hand. Just as I was about to call it quits a kayaker came around the bend. I said hello and said you are a gamer person than me. By the time I reached the D Max it bucketed down.

Back to sons place for arvo tea then back down to the creek on his property for a few more. Tried again this morning and all I got was a lot more scratches  from scrub bashing and not a single bass.

P2160020.JPG

P2160021.JPG

P2160022.JPG

P2160023.JPG

P2160024.JPG

P2170025.JPG

P2170026.JPG

12 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Dino, Looks a bit like Ned Kelly country.:ausflag:

Cheers

Gary

I was in the AC shed one new years, went to toilet about 2 in morning, while eyes were clearing I noticed something black beside the throne, red belly black, trying to clear his eyes to see what this tiny snake was in his space.

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Stunning spot mate. Do you see many carp and tillies in there? 

Do you get many on the surface? Is that a black jitterbug? Looks home painted. 

Canungra creek is riddled with carp, black, grey,orange, orange and white.I have seen them up to 70cm.

Thats a Kokoda black bat 5 dollar cheapie for the creek, has caught heaps of bass and still going.

13 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

Canungra creek is riddled with carp, black, grey,orange, orange and white.I have seen them up to 70cm.

Thats a Kokoda black bat 5 dollar cheapie for the creek, has caught heaps of bass and still going.

I have filmed on Canungra creek many times and have seen carp there. I wasn't sure what creek that was and didn't want to ask in case you were keeping it secret :) We normally film just out of Canungra on the road that goes past the pub. Bobs farm was what we called it just on the right about 1km from the pub. It has a timber bridge over the creek.

One job we got a bass farmer to bring in a few hundred mature fish. The guy was catching a fish in the creek. I had to tie on the fish, let it out and he pretended to catch it. Pretty funny. 

You've gotta love a bargain bin cheapie that works! well done. 

Archived