Bass, Bass And More Bass

Dinodadog

Tried to find a place out of the wind and rain, so headed north, half way there the radio said sunshine coast getting heaviest wind and rain. Rather than turn around I decided to soldier on. Result hardly any wind and no rain until I got back to the car.

Started off trolling, picked up a couple, tried the fly when I found a school, no luck, tried blades, no luck same for hardbodies and plastics. So I switched to shrimp, no luck. Then someone turned the switch on at 7 am and it was a frenzy till 9am .Pics shortly.

Dino                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I found it hard to tempt the bass to take a lure, so I thought the green iridescent eyes might get them in.We used to catch hundreds of bass on lures there, but ever since half the bass went over the wall years a go and the stayers got bigger, they also got smarter. They should start taking blades shortly before winter sets in.

After the dam was first built, I've caught some pushing the kilo mark.

Used to be great fun trowing small lures from the rock wall near Forgan Park.

They then bred like crazy and stunted.

I've always wondered if a selective breeding program could have achieved a "big" strain of spanglies!!

Kilo plus spanglies would be awsome.

Archived