A 1770 Quickie

tugger

Heading up to 1770 for the weekend with my son, Julian and another mate we are taking my boat and Julian's the weather looks awesome but the trip will be short with just 2 days 1 night on the reef this trip. We are heading north in to the Bunker group of reefs and hope to slay some big red fish so stayed tuned for another report from southern Great Barrier Reef.

19 minutes ago, tugger said:

Heading up to 1770 for the weekend with my son Julian and another mate we are taking my boat and Julian's the weather looks awesome but the trip will be short with just 2 days 1 night on the reef this trip. We are heading north in to the Bunker group of reefs and hope to slay some big red fish so stayed tuned for another report from southern Great Barrier Reef.

Jealous. 

39 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

how did the boat go? it is looking mint

100% perfect. Couldn't be happier mate (she's off the market now, I'm keeping her).

The trim tabs changed the boat for the better. No more banging, ass lifts up, nose comes down and she tracks perfectly. Took me 30mins to get use to using the tabs, gotta keep on top of the adjustments the whole time, they are not a set and forget thing. Just gotta raise the donk up a hole  and I'm done. I can get up and move around on the boat while doing 30knts and she is stable.

The new 1KW blackbox module worked a treat and I have much better readings and best of all, my auto pilot no longer interferes with the readings while it is on.

New spotties and lights worked perfect, boat has 0 shadows. I only caught squid with the squid lights off though... lol

Time to save for a digital radar and anchor winch now!!!

1 hour ago, demarc said:

100% perfect. Couldn't be happier mate (she's off the market now, I'm keeping her).

The trim tabs changed the boat for the better. No more banging, ass lifts up, nose comes down and she tracks perfectly. Took me 30mins to get use to using the tabs, gotta keep on top of the adjustments the whole time, they are not a set and forget thing. Just gotta raise the donk up a hole  and I'm done. I can get up and move around on the boat while doing 30knts and she is stable.

The new 1KW blackbox module worked a treat and I have much better readings and best of all, my auto pilot no longer interferes with the readings while it is on.

New spotties and lights worked perfect, boat has 0 shadows. I only caught squid with the squid lights off though... lol

Wow becoming a beast mate. Awesome work. 

On 31/07/2018 at 3:05 PM, demarc said:

Hey @demarc might PM you about the Trim Tabs as I might put them on the new boat. She is already a bit heavy in the back end and reckon the tabs would make a massive difference at the plane. 

11 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

Hey @demarc might PM you about the Trim Tabs as I might put them on the new boat. She is already a bit heavy in the back end and reckon the tabs would make a massive difference at the plane. 

No dramas, happy to field any questions. With the tabs I can plane at 11-12knts now instead of 15knts. Does the donk have a foil on it yet? That also gets you bum lift.

Archived