Luvit

CF3F419B-70B3-40A8-8655-725CD8166AB1.thumb.jpeg.d799b0f51413fef6faee23351537e90e.jpeg

It was good to get out today.

After sleeping on the boat and watching the lightning crack over Bribie Island. It rained most of the night so glad to have a cabin. 

What can l say, it’s like I’ve never fished before in my life. I caught a small AJ this morning and while landing it a bust up occurred with some big fish. I didn’t get to it in time. 

I was particularly targeting Dollies today, fished between 70-100m and only found some 2 small bait schools l worked without success. 

Headed back before the wind and rain. 

All l can do is post a boat pic. 

What was the water like out there?

I trolled the 36's off the pin then down the 80m line down to SE of the seaway for not a touch.

Plenty of people out on the troll but channel 10 was pretty quiet.

Saw a few birds working but seemed to be just dolphins getting there attention.

Very little bait found for the kms travelled.

The water was dark green and 23-24.7c.(60-80m)

Keen to get out again after this southerly.

1 hour ago, MarkA said:

What was the water like out there?

I trolled the 36's off the pin then down the 80m line down to SE of the seaway for not a touch.

Plenty of people out on the troll but channel 10 was pretty quiet.

Saw a few birds working but seemed to be just dolphins getting there attention.

Very little bait found for the kms travelled.

The water was dark green and 23-24.7c.(60-80m)

Keen to get out again after this southerly.

My guess is Thursday with warm water pushing in closer. It’s out over the shelf ATM Cape Moreton should fire over the break. I was just hoping for an early one. 

5 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

All l can do is post a boat pic

Nice pic. Glad you got out. Is the sounder all sorted now?

They replaced the ‘Markfish’ under warranty. It worked for half the day and died again. I don’t understand it. Usually if the wiring is wrong then it doesn’t work or blows a fuse. Not work for half a day then stop. I’ll investigate it again but unless it’s the fuse, I think l’ll be bining it and kissing the money good bye. 

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

They replaced the ‘Markfish’ under warranty. It worked for half the day and died again. I don’t understand it. Usually if the wiring is wrong then it doesn’t work or blows a fuse. Not work for half a day then stop. I’ll investigate it again but unless it’s the fuse, I think l’ll be bining it and kissing the money good bye. 

Wow not cool. My Motorguide has packed it in... 

Archived