Jumpinpin 18/11/07

Proffs

Hi everyone,

got to cabbage tree boat ramp round midnight Saturday and was happy to see as usual plenty of parks and not a soul to be seen! :cheer: Anyway, started off over at the powerlines. Got a couple little (12-15cm) squire, a big ray, and as the sun was coming up a whole bunch of these fierce little buggers turned up harrasing fish on the surface!

It was a blast on plastics. They would chase my 4\" stick baits, hit em pretty hard for their size, and sometimes they would jump out of the water. This went on for bout 1/2 an hour. :woohoo: Unreal!

Can someone tell me what they are? :huh:

They were only bout 15-20cm. (Still cost me bout a dozen chewed plastics tho!)

The rest of Sunday was pretty quiet. Only pic i got before my camera died was of this little shovelnose.

I saw plenty of sand crabs over the south-east side of Russell island tho. Snagged one in my net. :laugh:

Proffs

rumrunner wrote:

they are chopper tailor and are found all round the pin area,

the best spot for larger tailor is on the tip of crusoe island near the yellow marker on sunrise!

you will see birds flying above them and the water chopping up!

Cheers Rumrunner,

I read a couple of your other posts saying Kalinga banks & Crusoe Island were good so I went for a run up there to have a look. I was exactly where you're talking about but I saw the great big ocean,felt a bit of wind and decided to turn around :blush: lol

I'll definitely have a crack round there this weekend.

Thanks heaps for the tip. :woohoo:

be carefull if you want to anchor on the kalingar banks !

if you only have a small boat and anchor it is sometimes hard to anchor with the strong current comming in or out from the bar,

i have seen many small boats getting smashed into the bank because thair anchor didnt grab and they could not start the motor quick enuff !

rumrunner wrote:

be carefull if you want to anchor on the kalingar banks !

if you only have a small boat and anchor it is sometimes hard to anchor with the strong current comming in or out from the bar,

i have seen many small boats getting smashed into the bank because thair anchor didnt grab and they could not start the motor quick enuff !

Yeah, it looked a little shifty. Plus I'm by myself usually so..... :S

i was thinking about trying that little channel between Crusoe & Short Island. Looks pretty calm down there!

This is my little beast!

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/16_11_07_2021_AFO.jpg

3.9m De Havilland Sea Bird with 15Hp Merc.

post-1013-144598433227_thumb.jpg

Malcolm wrote:

Hey Proffs

I've got the the same sort of boat I think mines 3.6 with a 20hp,I'll have to measure it to see.

Mal

Hi Malcolm,

I only got mine about 3 months ago and have never actually measured it either. QLD transport said it was 3.9m on the rego so I went by that.

bootyinblue wrote:

Proffs... Give me a yell when you are heading out to the Pin area again. I try and fish there once a fortnight and love the area for flatheads on SP's. Can show you a spot or 2 perhaps....

That would be great Booty, thanks! :)

I'll post in \"Going Fishing\" when my next Jumpinpin outing will be.

I might even start a thread so we can post pics of our boats/selves with a little info on when/where people go so we know who to look out for. If there isn't one already? :huh:

Proffs wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
Proffs... Give me a yell when you are heading out to the Pin area again. I try and fish there once a fortnight and love the area for flatheads on SP's. Can show you a spot or 2 perhaps....

That would be great Booty, thanks! :)

I'll post in \"Going Fishing\" when my next Jumpinpin outing will be.

I might even start a thread so we can post pics of our boats/selves with a little info on when/where people go so we know who to look out for. If there isn't one already? :huh:

good idea proffs;)

ya cant miss me out there im the 1 either going 90kph or anchored pumping out 80db of musicB)

and the 1 catching all the fish.:P lol

i havnt been out there in a month or so but its my usual fishing grounds so i will keep an eye out for you next time im out there and say gday;)

Archived