12 hours ago, Migs said:

I didn’t take any snaps today but I’ll drag a shot out taken last year of what is in the river

Nice one Migs. Welcome to AFO.

That is an awesome Cod! Mate it feels like you will do a lot of teaching rather than learning haha. 

Do they stock the river there? 

Did you get any of the rain down your way? or in the catchment?

Gday Drop Bear

fisheries stock  Wyangla Dam which holds some massive fish ( well over the meter mark ) I’m not sure about Lachlan River but I do know they stock other rivers in the state. We haven’t seen rain around home since about Feb and the catchment received bugger all. The dam level is at about 30%. That’s still a heap of water and obviously concentrates the fish

12 hours ago, Migs said:

I didn’t take any snaps today but I’ll drag a shot out taken last year of what is in the river

Mate there might be an OzFish Chapter near you. They are working hard on fixing the rivers including resnagging and replanting. 

The West NSW chapters are.

Wagga, Orange, North West, Inland Waterways, Tenterfield.

Dunno if that is of interest to you but thought I would pass it on. 

Please login or register to view this content

Yep there are heaps of Willow trees being removed from the waterways around home   I’m not 100 % convinced that is a good idea due to creating weak areas on the steep river banks and when we do get a good flow the banks wash away. I believe Willows consume massive amounts of water

1 hour ago, Migs said:

Gday Drop Bear

fisheries stock  Wyangla Dam which holds some massive fish ( well over the meter mark ) I’m not sure about Lachlan River but I do know they stock other rivers in the state. We haven’t seen rain around home since about Feb and the catchment received bugger all. The dam level is at about 30%. That’s still a heap of water and obviously concentrates the fish

Nice one mate. I have never caught a fresh water cod... bucket list.

I hope you get some rain soon to boost the dam levels.