Hinze Dam Bass

Dyln

Hey Legends, anybody have any side scan images of wintertime bass schooled up in the impoundments. Sounded all through The west arm of Hinze this morning, with my Garmin Striker 7 and definitely did not find what I was looking for. I know guys got onto a heap during the week out here. One guy said he caught over 200 in 3 outings this week. Id love to be able to use my sounder to find a nice big school but I just don’t think I’m getting as much out of my side scan as I could be. Not asking for marks or spots but any info that might help me make better use of my sounder would be much appreciated. Cheers

I do not use side scan for what it is worth there is usually a school on the LHS of the western arm in 20 to 30 feet of water just before where the terraces made by removing the rock for the dam wall extension. There is a vertical white pipe on the shore that possibly has some measuring gear in it. That is where we pulled most of our fish from before the school moved on.All the boats on friday that we saw were moving around working the edges of the timber.and did not seem to be sitting in the one spot.

Cheers Ray