The Good Ol' Gold Coast

AUS-BNE-FISHO

18 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Unlucky on the lack of keepers Hamish but sounds like there was enough action to keep you interested. Do you know if you were fishing the underwater pipeline in the Seaway when you had the suspected jewie on?

Hey kmcrosby78

Yep, at least we didn't donut 😉. We didn't fish at the pipeline in the Seaway, but I have on the same charter before. 

We fished the mouth of the whole thing. I assume that is why the water was a lot rougher. It couldn't of been a nice day offshore from the GC...

This is the area we were fishing - 

887173444_Charterspot.thumb.PNG.ad28d2e73a825b85e3d71e0cd56fee24.PNG

18 hours ago, Allnighter said:

Absolutely love your passion Hamish!!

I enjoy reading your reports ☺

Like i taught my boys - the golden rule - if you're gonna keep it you gotta eat it ☺

Keep up the good work matey, and Happy Birthday ! 

Hey Allnighter 

Thanks for that, I'm glad you enjoy them. I agree as well - keep it, eat it! (or bait, if it's a bait species). 

I'm cooking it up for dinner tonight. I'll keep it all up 🙂 

6 hours ago, Hweebe said:

I'm surprised only the couple of Breambos. Was fishing the canals the weekend before for a couple of hours (at night) and seemed to be getting fish from the annual spawning run.

My filleting skills are not crash hot either, for bream just legal they will go back unless i plan to gut and steam with soy / chilli.

Hey Hweebe

Yep, I was surprised too. I would've thought there'd be more activity, especially from the bream! 

I now think it would've been better to do something like you said - gut and scale, then cooked whole. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂