The First Fish In My Life!

JAYJAy

Yeah keep going That’s pretty good for you’re first time fishing .you might want to have a look at tackle shop bargain bin lures as their usually a lot better then those big W lures and possibly even cheaper . I would also recommend picking up a Shimano viper x combo at BCF for $110 and also some braid if you’re serious about fishing.

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. That's what fishing is all about!! Actually really good effort to get a couple of fish the first time you used lures. It takes many people a lot of tries to catch their first fish on lure! 

Well done, happy for you. Nothing wrong with that lure for your first one, it obviously works! 

8 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yeah keep going That’s pretty good for you’re first time fishing .you might want to have a look at tackle shop bargain bin lures as their usually a lot better then those big W lures and possibly even cheaper . I would also recommend picking up a Shimano viper x combo at BCF for $110 and also some braid if you’re serious about fishing.

Breaming with bro is absolutely right with those bargain lures

You get buy tons of softbait packs for like $2

I got some softbait shrimp and they never let me down

Keep up the good work!

Hey JAYJAy

Those are two awesome fish for your first fish on lures, and out of the Brisbane River. Looks like you've found yourself a secret spot! Good job.

Like @kmcrosby78 said above, the first is a Sand Whiting (legal size limit 23cm if you keep fish) and the second is a Dusky Flathead (legal size 40-75cm). They're both good fish to catch on lures 🙂 

The advice on getting some better lures is good too.. Or even some soft plastic lures, which are cheapies but work good on most things.

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Like @kmcrosby78 said above, the first is a Sand Whiting (legal size limit 23cm if you keep fish) and the second is a Dusky Flathead (legal size 40-75cm).

Other way round Hamish just in case you have managed to confuse him ....... first is a flathead, second is a whiting 🙂.