Lake Kurwongbah.

rayke1938

I was unable to attend PRHMA meeting earlier this month and have just recreived the minutes. Here are the proposed figures for the initial stocking.

Bass 30300 25mm fingerlings

60000 50mm fingerlings

Golden perch

20000 unknown size fingerlings

Mary River Cod

2182 fingerlings

Plus an order yet to be placed for saratoga

Plus make a note Lions Club Family Fishing day to be held on Australia day. Good chance to have a good day out with the kids and get rid of some Tilapia from the lake.

Cheers

Ray

As Angus said we are still in a phase of trying to tie down dates and organisational details. Not withstanding this when the day is up and running the members support here will very important to the project.

Bearing in mind that we are also in a phase of building a working relationship with the organisation and the people within in it who have stewardship over Lake Kurwongbah, I find myself for the first time agreeing with our friend \"Mr Hoakes\", how we treat the impoundment and the area surrounding it will be very important.

We have to remember that a long term fishing ban has finally been lifted and it would be good to keep it that way at least until the first 120 000 Bass reach 40+ cm;) Again Angus and crew thanks for the support!!!!

Interesting question regarding Talapia

If I catch a fish

If I read it correctly it must not be put back in the water (same as carp in Vic)

It's illegal to have them in your poccession!

and you are required to dispose of them ????

My question seeing as they are spose to be a good eating fish and fight hard

Can you take fillets or whole dead fish home??

If not why not

I would have thought encouraging ppl to target these vermin would be a good one :pinch:

In Vic with carp you are allowed to have dead fish on you so you can take them home for whatever use (great Yabbie bait ;) )

Cheers

Gaz

Tilapia are a bigger problem as the eggs can last for days in a dead fish, and the live young in the mouth for hours after the parent is dead.

I read it as if you catch it in a boat, you must keep it onboard until you can safely dispose of it. IE once off the water. Technically they can still fine you if you have fillets in the esky, but it would be a bit harsh!

Read that too bud ;) I know it's how the powers incorporate the rules I spose ?

I wonder if there has been any testing to see if ? example how long do eggs in talapia

survive in ice etc that way if you have your catch stored on ice (showing your good intent)

there are lots of ways to think about it

Gaz;)

Archived