Santa came late,,,

Angry51

Well it should grow nicely now with all this rain we've had, I am getting to the stage where I wouldn't mind it stopping for a little while. Did you pre soak it or just straight with the fertilizer? My grass is about 50cm in places with seed heads and I can't cut it as the the ground is water logged, every time I think I might be able to get in to it, it rains again.

Yeah, sometimes it can be annoying but in this country I don't

think we can have too much. Mine I don't have to worry about mowing it

the stock can eat it. I'm just hoping we get a few showers every day to keep it

growing. Once it's established I'll reseed it next year with some Rhodes grass

to thicken it up. I went thru the big wet in '74, we had a place up in the lower

gulf country. started raining Jan, 74 and we didn't move a vehicle till July

that year, that's what too much rain is. 

On 02/01/2021 at 7:17 AM, Ed. said:

Well it should grow nicely now with all this rain we've had, I am getting to the stage where I wouldn't mind it stopping for a little while. Did you pre soak it or just straight with the fertilizer? My grass is about 50cm in places with seed heads and I can't cut it as the the ground is water logged, every time I think I might be able to get in to it, it rains again.

What rain? It’s as dry as down here on the Brisbane Northside!

I am at Ningi and we have had heaps, about 480mm in the past 20 days,  400mm dumped in 2 days with the rest spread out over 5-7 days. I am going to have to hit the back and front of the house with a whipper snipper to knock it down a bit as it is getting too tall for the ride on mower.🙁

10 minutes ago, Ed. said:

I am at Ningi and we have had heaps, about 480mm in the past 20 days,  400mm dumped in 2 days with the rest spread out over 5-7 days. I am going to have to hit the back and front of the house with a whipper snipper to knock it down a bit as it is getting too tall for the ride on mower.🙁

Might have to buy some cattle or sheep to keep it down for you. Geese are also surprisingly good at keeping grass down.

Nah, last thing I want to do is attract flies, this only happens  now and then, I was intending to cut the grass down before it bucketed but due to life getting in the way I left it a day too late, so now will just have to do it the hard way! We have a few cooler days ahead of us so if it doesn't rain I will hit it with the whipper snipper to knock the height down. Whipper snipping in the humidity and heat is not my idea of fun. Fortunately it is only at the front and back of the house that is the problem area, the rest of the block is manageable by the ride on, I am surprised to hear that you are dry down your way.

41 minutes ago, Ed. said:

Nah, last thing I want to do is attract flies, this only happens  now and then, I was intending to cut the grass down before it bucketed but due to life getting in the way I left it a day too late, so now will just have to do it the hard way! We have a few cooler days ahead of us so if it doesn't rain I will hit it with the whipper snipper to knock the height down. Whipper snipping in the humidity and heat is not my idea of fun. Fortunately it is only at the front and back of the house that is the problem area, the rest of the block is manageable by the ride on, I am surprised to hear that you are dry down your way.

It’s so dry I’m thinking of giving my rain gauge to charity.

As I said, I wouldn't mind if it stopped for a while , and today it is still drizzling with occasional rain from yesterday with no end in sight, there is a band of patchy rain (about 600+km long) that is on a diagonal to the coast so if it keeps on the present course we will keep getting wet for quite a while. Hopefully it will change direction and either go out to sea or dissipate.

Oh well we are in lock down over the weekend so not much else to do except relax and watch movies.