Offshore straddy/moreton

jon

Hi all, it’s been months since I’ve been out offshore mainly due to weather and work not agreeing with each other. Next three days look pretty decent. Just wondering if any one has been out the front of south passage or up the cape since the flood? Just wondering what water quality is like in close offshore mite still be better to head wide

Edited by jon

1 minute ago, jon said:

Hi all, it’s been months since I’ve been out offshore mainly due to weather and work not agreeing with each other. Next three days look pretty decent. Just wondering if any one has been out the front of south passage or up the cape since the flood? Just wondering what water quality is like in close offshore mite still be better to head wide

The swell seems to be dropping all week so I am heading out Friday. I can let you know after that. The water at Amity and even at Home Beach is still a bit stained with tannin but it seems most of the debris has gone. 

Good luck, what day are you planning to go? 

1 hour ago, jon said:

Good luck jon. I hope you get some good fish. What do you plan on chasing?

Cheers Hamish

Thanks guys I’ll see if I can rustle up a feed hopefully I don’t hit anything running across the bay might have to wait until first light until I leave the ramp which I’m not a fan of.

cheers Hamish I’ll be chasing some dollies first up out wide probably then hopefully some reefies in the arvo