Team PIshing Fimps '07

Ash

Well, what a weekend! First off, thanks to Webby and Angus on the organisation side of things, job well done!

Team Pishing Fimps lots its senior member as Jimmy couldnt make it for the comp, so it was just me and george(ausboy). Boat wouldnt start friday morning, so after many expletives thrown towards the boats direction, (and big thanks for the offer from Krisso, who was willing to come and have a look at it for me, Karma for you) we decided to hit the fresh landbased for catties. Got to a spot, threw out some bait on a rod and a couple of handlines and we were set. Nothing happening on the lures, when my handline went off, woohoo im on, then the bait rod screams away. Poor old george had to run about 20-30meters to get to the rod. After a nice tussle, he brought in a nice size cattie(3rd). We caught all up about 6 good sized catties, but the kept the origional.

Went home boat started and off we went to the lower reaches. Not much happening, threw lures and bait, only got more catties, but no winners there.

Next day looked promiseing, me and george hit a wall we saw the night before. Hit it with a lres and i got nothing, george hit a decent bream, his first bream on lure and i think his personal best. I'll let him talk it though!

Then nothing, went up and down the river with baits and lures, got nothing.

Night came and we headed back to where goerge got his bream. baited up and it was on. All up 4 very decent bream. and a cod. We slao got smashed a few times, so thinking there must be some really good sized cod there. Had to leave in the end due to the crabs taking all the bait!

Next day was bymyself, goege did his neck in the night before. Headed to same spot, got smashed x 2 and also brouight in a decent cod.

Pictures are on my phone so ill put them up tonight.

This was the best BRC ive been in so far, with both numbers fishing, and the fish that were caught. Not 1 under sized bream (for us anyway), and all were fat and healthy. And some of the other catches were great! Well done Brian and Terry! And everyone else who got a place! [img size=354]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mecod.JPG

post-81-144598435639_thumb.jpg

Good one Ash - I like what you did with the thread - nice summary, I might pinch ithe idea and consolidate the Southern Chilly's.

I mean why not I managed to get my head in your photo so I mos well pinch your ideas too.

Lots of Cod as mentioned, same as Thread's, is the river changing for the better more so then we thought or is it just the rain flushing fish out?

Archived