Optus Data Fail

ellicat

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah not happy Jan.

Looking to change suppliers now as i haven't been contacted yet. My details were part of it and in the process of changing licence etc. Really poor service. 

They should be fined millions but I hope a lot of customers leaving will have the same effect. 

@Leeroy, how did you work out that you are part of it if you haven’t been contacted. Genuine question.

1 hour ago, Hweebe said:

In one benefit - This makes me look less crazy now when i refuse store clerks from copying my Drivers License or ID for click and collect items.

I've had many a argument where I've presented the card for them to sight the card only. They then proceed to say its "store policy" for a copy of the ID to be recorded due to Scams / fraud / stolen credit card purchases.

Tip for anyone serious about their data - If you ever get asked for a copy of Driver License, Medicare, Passport for trivial things like shopping - ALWAYS ask for the company data security / cyber security policy (they won't know of one).

If they can't provide this or advise you their data retention / deletion policy you should think twice about giving them a permanent record of your ID. Not to mention once it is stored it is available for any dodgy store employee to access with the right credentials.

Spot on, good advice.🙂