A question for the oracles, seers, bone readers and soothsayers

subtlefly

Ok team, while this may be a dumb question it is important (to my mental health!) I know its called fishing and not catching….  but do you get effected by the fish app or almanac saying it is a 90% or 4 fish day?

I find myself sometimes prioritising my fishing sessions based on the rating for the day - and sometimes putting in more hours than i reasonably should because ‘’ its supposed to be a great day”   (and I also have caught nice fish on supposedly rubbish days)

I think on the pontoon its basically a window of 10 minutes during the tide run  as the big boys swim by - and then its over (no matter what the app says).  Do you guys just fish when you can - or do you read the tea leaves to decide what day to go out?

Cheers all have a great day

I usually just fish when and where I can. Sometimes I'm selective on days, when there are a few good ones in a row, with the solunar peaks guff but I'm not convinced there is anything to it where I fish. Like you said, you can get onto them on a supposedly bad day and not get anything on a 'good' day.

Having said that, I am working on a theory about what stage the moon is at on any given day and how that effects the bite time. It certainly doesn't seem to be to do with the rise or set though.

I fish when I can. Which is basically only on weekends and when weather permits. These two parameters alone really limit my fishing day options let alone looking at an almanac. U can’t beat time on the water so I do try to maximise my fishing days. If I fish 4hrs or 12hrs it’s still takes the same time to prep and clean the boat ☺️.

That's it, if you fish every day then they can be useful, I know when I was in Darwin and going out after work most days if it said it was a bad day's fishing then I did something else. 

When it said it was, hit it really was. But if you go fishing when you can, then it's best not to look at them. I find it has an impact on how you fish, if your expecting a bad day then you don't tend to put in the right level of effort as your not expecting anything. 

But you definitely don't fish the same when you don't have that expectation of a bite, that expectation is what drives you from cast to cast.