lucinda heartache

ellicat

9 hours ago, Ed. said:

Nothing worse than planning a nice long road trip and everything goes pear shape when you get there, very disappointing. I can sympathise, I have had 3 trips like that, first trip to Roslyn Bay, motor ECU failed. 2nd trip 1770, blowing gale force winds. 3rd trip to Cairns, 4WD blew a coolant hose so didn't get there.

Hopefully this will be the end of our bad luck. The missus and I are heading up as far as  Port Douglas with various stops in 3 weeks time so hopefully we won't have any dramas, 4th time lucky perhaps. This time I will be fishing on charter boats!

At least you have sorted out your motor issues, so if nothing else you can fish locally again whilst day dreaming about the big ones you didn't catch. Not quite the same as fishing up north but you should still get a feed.

Now, if you want to talk about a trip that went pear-shaped, read 

Brian’s trIp was a very good trip in comparison.

On 02/10/2023 at 5:47 PM, Neil Stratford said:

Speed is definitely your friend in that little area.

Apparently you have to keep the boat high in the water to be able to utilize the marina at cardwell too. It's a challenging area. When were you in Conn ck @Neil Stratford? There was a Barra farm there years ago.

• 3 weeks later...