Can we all pray to the weather gods for a break from this damn wind

Huxstang

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

For fishing the area I suggested, Manly Ramp is good. Plenty of parking and not usually too busy except at peak times. Not launching between 7am to 9am or returning at lunchtime or after 3pm, it's mostly easy sailing, with no ramp rage and big crowds like Raby Bay.

PS  When are school holidays ?

They start in two weeks time Brian.

1 hour ago, Huxstang said:

Holidays start at Easter…good time not to use a boat ramp on a weekend or plan on going camping 😀

You could always try upstream in the river, maybe not where the city cats are running, but I’m sure you’d find plenty of interesting things around Indooroopilly or jindalee with the live scope.

26 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Fished Jumpinpin today and contrary to the forecast the weather was perfect. No wind or rain. No run either so not a lot of fish. 6 whiting in the early 30s and a thousand tiny whiting and undersized tarwine. Crabs came to the party though with four good bucks to take home and a lot of giant females. 

Yummy feed there.

58 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

You could always try upstream in the river, maybe not where the city cats are running, but I’m sure you’d find plenty of interesting things around Indooroopilly or jindalee with the live scope.

Never been up that far.  I thought it was all just muddy banks?

1 hour ago, Huxstang said:

Especially with a nice offshore boat gathering dust!!!  At least if it calms out a bit you can get out, mine is a bit more biased towards a nicer day if I want to stay a bit dry 

Yes. It’s typical. I buy a new boat to go further and in more weather and then the weather goes even worse. Can’t win. lol.

What are peoples’ thoughts on Moreton Bay tomorrow. The different sites are all over the place. Even more so than usual. Windy and Willy Weather are predicting 5-10 knots all day. MetEye agrees until about 11am. The Moreton Bay forecast is for 10-15 knots all day. I’m confused. 

I like to overlay the real time wind recording over the predicted. To get a glimpse of how close on average the recent forecast has been. It is worth considering however that if the actual readings are not taken very close to the forecast location things can be very different. For example in my experience the willy weather forecast for paradise point has been relatively accurate in the past but when you overlay the real time wind (taken at gc seaway) things look different. So to get an idea of how accurate the recent forecast has been you have to look at gc seaway forecast.

In this case I reckon inner beacon is on average just a fraction higher (overall average) than the Tangalooma forecast.

Looks like you have a window there. You're not in a 3m tinny. Go early. The team north leaderboard is calling 

Screenshot_2024-03-23-19-30-52-44_102e6860044cddd232e97d0c4ceb84ad.thumb.jpg.56d40d4cbc883c097bd709487a382b32.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bretto77 said:

If you want to put some good "Southside" ju ju on board I can help you out 😜

You are more than welcome to come out however it won’t be tomorrow. I have already cancelled. Most of the weather apps are showing 10-15 and even 15-20 knots for the northern bay. 

13 hours ago, Bretto77 said:

I like to overlay the real time wind recording over the predicted. To get a glimpse of how close on average the recent forecast has been. It is worth considering however that if the actual readings are not taken very close to the forecast location things can be very different. For example in my experience the willy weather forecast for paradise point has been relatively accurate in the past but when you overlay the real time wind (taken at gc seaway) things look different. So to get an idea of how accurate the recent forecast has been you have to look at gc seaway forecast.

In this case I reckon inner beacon is on average just a fraction higher (overall average) than the Tangalooma forecast.

Looks like you have a window there. You're not in a 3m tinny. Go early. The team north leaderboard is calling 

Looks like willy weather got this one wrong