poor fella us,,,

Angry51

1 hour ago, Angry51 said:

Spare a thought for your northern cousins.🤪

T'is going to be 17 to 28 here tomorrow.🥶

But not as bad as you poor fella's down mexico way. haha.🤣

Swelter as you may desire in your "retiredness"... Hang on... Don't you still have animals to feed that you profit from??? So tired, cheeky, nasty, sore backed me is paying for your warm profit???😜😜😜

12 minutes ago, Junky said:

I feel for you mate. 

I have a crook back also. 

I've found hanging works wonders, not the noose around neck type although it does cross my mind when it plays up bad (figure of speech peops) but just by the arms on scaffold, back patio or monkey bars etc. 

10 seconds several times a day. 

Also, lay on floor on your back and put leg up on wall at right angles (heel to wall, and it's got to be a corner of the wall so your other leg stays flat in floor). Get your bum as close as you can to the wall. Now push heel into wall gently and hold for 10 seconds, repeat while moving bum closer to wall in between. 3 minutes each leg. 

You don't want to stretch your hammy, you want to lengthen them. 

Then top of back, stand up, arm at right angles with palm of hand in wall, now twist away ie. Left hand on wall, look over right shoulder and count to 10, but don't lift your hand on wall higher than your ear, put at right angles and level is the go. 

And up your water intake, preferably the tank stuff. 

Not that poison in our taps. 

5 minutes ago, Bretto77 said:

Yep. Do all of that.

I'm generally okay.  Every so often however the stars line up poorly, or I have my tongue in the wrong position when I do something, (even wake up in the morning sometimes 😂😂😂).

It gives me the poo poos when it happens. It's just mother nature reminding me that I wasn't actually bullet proof when I was super fit but ignorant 😅😅😅.

Exactly what happens to me. 

You in construction? 

Big rainy periods, although that's more sore joints, and season changes. I can almost pin point when it's gonna go, nearly. 

Sometimes it just goes though. 

I've just had a crook back 2 weeks ago. Got another dose to look forward to later in the year when we go back to hotter weather. 

3 minutes ago, Junky said:

Exactly what happens to me. 

You in construction? 

Big rainy periods, although that's more sore joints, and season changes. I can almost pin point when it's gonna go, nearly. 

Sometimes it just goes though. 

I've just had a crook back 2 weeks ago. Got another dose to look forward to later in the year when we go back to hotter weather. 

I have done a lot of things in my time. Construction was amongst it, but not these days. 

I work with three diesel fitters now. Different pace and conditions 👍

• 2 weeks later...

On 17/05/2023 at 7:08 PM, ellicat said:

Haha. Poor you.

I'm going camping twice in June.

The temps at the second camp are already down to 1 degree this week, with highs in the mid teens. Gonna need some extra firewood.

I sympathise with you, the missus and I are in Tassie till the weekend doing the touristy things, went to Russell Falls yesterday and the outside temp was 7C in the middle of the day, at least we have a very comfy and warm unit to go back to!😀 No way would I go camping in your conditions.

I am hoping to see some snow before we head back to Qld.

We are based at 7 Mile Beach at the Wyndham Resort. So far we have gone to the Junee Caves, Russell Falls, Hastings Caves, had Whiskey cocktails, coffee and cake at the Salamanca Whiskey Bar.

Today we might go to the Botanic Gardens and tonight we will try to do the Bonorong wildlife sanctuary. There is potentially snow coming to the highlands near Miena but probably tommorow,  but it is a few hours drive and not much else to do up there. It has a pub there,(that is about the only thing there), you can catch trout in the dam but I didn't bring any fishing gear with me. Saw the sights there a few years ago.

It's warmed up a since we got here so not holding out much hope for snow.