Jackall Chubbies

Rocket75

Inspired by numerous recent reports extolling the virtues of Jackall Chubbies, I went out tonight and bought me some.

When Kath saw how much they were, she was less than keen on me dropping some hard earned on them. (especially as I will be unemployed in approx 24hrs!).

Lucky fella that I am, I ended up walking out with 2, and even with staff discount (strathpine amart keeps them now $19.50rrp), they were still about $17.00 each. This makes them the most expensive lure in my collection, and as Kath said "they better catch big fish".

Both are the 38mm 4.3g Floating Divers, I chose "orange shrimp" and Kath chose "hasu".

Any one used these colours or got tips on catching bream etc on these lures, all help/ideas appreciated.

Pic of new toys attached

Rocket

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lures-f748aa814715f1d97d2054815b5e0663.jpg

post-953-144598441308_thumb.jpg

i got one in suji shrimp (i think that was the colour) but havent made it out yet to try it. they certainly look the goods and from the reports of troy and ando they gota be okay they certainly carve up with them but then again they have alot more know how and technique then i ever will:laugh:

There's stacks of different Shrimp variations. If it's got 'Shrimp" in the name it means it features the Shrimp stripes. Brown Suji Shrimp is probably the most consistent producer, Orange Suji Shrimp is another good one, very similar. But if you've got a Shrimp colour you can't go wrong ;) . I had 3 Brown Suji Shrimps a couple of weeks back, now I have none, all in a Bream's mouth.

Pays to have both Deep and Shallow as well. Deep is good for just about everywhere except mangroves and some rock walls. Shallow I only really use if I want to fish near the surface or over rocky flats.

Troy

Funny story, Kev bought a Chubby in a white with dark stripes pattern. Looks exactly like a toadie and fish won't go near it. I got a flattie on it but bream don't want to know about it.

I might get one of those brown ones though. The good thing about Chubbies is they have a really strong action and can handle a bit or current where Sx40s and some other lures run off track in a strong sweep.

pinkey wrote:

ahah i was kiddin, im 15 and a half, id love to work at a fishing store but there all to far away, so ill probly get a job at big w, or kmart or somthing, my plan was to have one last full xmas holidays with pure freedom :P.

Go Kmart, that's where I worked when I was at uni and it was a sweet job. Plus you get to suss out when fishing gear gets marked down to clear.:cheer:

Dan23 wrote:

Funny story, Kev bought a Chubby in a white with dark stripes pattern. Looks exactly like a toadie and fish won't go near it. I got a flattie on it but bream don't want to know about it.

I might get one of those brown ones though. The good thing about Chubbies is they have a really strong action and can handle a bit or current where Sx40s and some other lures run off track in a strong sweep.

i have the white one with black stripes.

i have caught about 8 bream, 2 flatties and a barra on it so far i think its a great lure

blue_mako wrote:

If it's the one in your display picture it looks like Clear Crawfish.

Troy

Yeah, I think the one Kev gave me is the one is Fishyman's profile pic.

Now I know someone else has had success with it I'll give it another go and stop making lame excuses as to why I can't catch bream on it:unsure:

Archived