rayke1938

Woke up 1 am and couldnt go back to sleep ( weak bladder and arthritus ) so at 3 am decided to give the Hinze a go. Boat was basicly ready so left at around 4 am after brekky and making some sanga.

Launched at 5 at western arm with one boat on water and 2 others turning up whilst launching.

It was a beautiful day with hardly any wind but I couldnt get a fish.

Spent till 7 am trying for a toga but nothing happening on the surface then I targeted the bass.

Tried different color and weight spinners and g vibes and got a few hits on white spinners but no hook ups despite having stinger hooks on.

Bait fished for around half an hour on a good show of fish in the sounder but no interest.

SES were on the dam having a training day and cleaning up all the plastic etc floating around.

They collected 3 boat loads that I saw and towed one bloke back from Ians island he only had one battery on board and it was flat

before he got there.

Would have had a long paddle back if the SES wernt there.

I knocked off around 11.30 and decided to troll back to the ramp.

Picked up 2 bass right in front of the ramp. Best one just over 40 and other just under.

Took the biggest home for the table.

It was still good to be on the water hardly any winf may have been a few gists around 6 knots but mainly gentle breeze of glass out.

CHeers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010863_AFO-e02d39f28cabb7ca8570dd04dca7f185.jpg

post-230-144598441364_thumb.jpg

Lure is by Flick Robinson from Kingaroy way I got a couple at Bejelke Peterson about 6 years ago deep diver with wide action good for bass and Yellas. I think that Dino and His mate know Flick.

Reel is twinpower was a bit of a overkill as it is spooled with 20 lb line I was too lazy to change the spool to 6 lb line just used 6 lb leader.

Cheers

Ray

Archived