lazy sunday

benno573

hi all,

took the boat out for a spin on sunday after my hangover from saturday night had subsided :S . weather was much better than expected. headed out to harry's for a bit of a look around, only 2 other boats there. great afternoon fishing wise, caught and released 8 squire 40-45cm, kept one for the bbq :cheer: , and caught and released a heap of well legal bream and a few sweetlip. then had a lot of fun with a 6 ft lemon shark on 20lb line :ohmy: which was subsequently released. having not fished harry's for over a year, i was surprised at the amount and quality of the fish i caught. i think the lack of boat traffic and overcast conditions might have helped. for those who fish there regularly, was this result just a fluke or is it not unheard of?

Cowfish13 wrote:

I second what Rocket said. Good to hear you only kept enough for an immediate feed:cheer:

Those sort of numbers are fairly uncommon. But I guess with the minimal boat traffic, the fish would be less shy.

A 6' Lemon Shark:ohmy: That would have taken a while to land on the 20lb gear

about 45 minutes mate:ohmy: . was hoping for a cobia but i guess them's the breaks.:laugh:

Archived