Brisbane Fishing Online Lake Kurwongbah Tilapia Cull

John

Hey everyone. Been talking to a few people people who target tillies on a regular basis.

My tips through them are:

Bait: Worms, peeled prawns, live shrimp or dough. If you use worms you dont need a whole one. Jus a bite size peice.

Rig: As lite as possible or even floated. A small bean sinker might help get it to deeper water though.

A small hook. Like barra park style. They are suck feeder so they will inhale it in and when you strike still kost likely get hooked on the lip. If they swallow it... boo hoo. :P

Light line. These fish are good fighters but no monsters. Be as stealth as possible inm all presentation.

Burley will help. Dry cat food pellets, the shells from your peeled prawns etc.

See you all Sunday!!!!

Angus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also guys as with the Barra Comp, I will bring the meat.

Kriso has kindly offered to bring some onions and sauce.

Samantha from 2 bent rods has offered to bring bread.

If anyone else can think of anything else and wants to help out, it would be most appreciated. I am not over catering this one as I want as much money going back to the stocking.

Cheers.

Angus

Benno: Yeah mate Tilapia is farmed all over the world as an eating fish. Problem is that here in Australia there are massive limitations on what you can and cant do. Now many people say a blind eye is turned when you are clearly not being didgy with the bodies of the fish. However Its not something I am going to mess with from a liablity point of view. :)

Angus

witht the thougt that this is a fundraiser maybe a 50c or a goldie donation for the snags could make the ends meat a little easier i recon it should be a goldie every time so the profit goes to afo maybe just put a swear jar next to the barbie for us to chuck in some change :)

jason

no cast nets in fresh water mate...

and sorry gus - i was looking on the DPI website and it doesn't say don't eat them, but i missed the word "possess" in their blurb...:blush: i'll shut up now.

and reckon the gold coin donation for the BBQ would be a great idea.

faulked wrote:

witht the thougt that this is a fundraiser maybe a 50c or a goldie donation for the snags could make the ends meat a little easier i recon it should be a goldie every time so the profit goes to afo maybe just put a swear jar next to the barbie for us to chuck in some change :)

jason

Kriso would be broke LOL:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh:

benno573 wrote:

no cast nets in fresh water mate...

and sorry gus - i was looking on the DPI website and it doesn't say don't eat them, but i missed the word "possess" in their blurb...:blush: i'll shut up now.

and reckon the gold coin donation for the BBQ would be a great idea.

Mate no need to shut up. Its a topic of much contention and mant grey areas.

For the purpose and the good of AFO ill take everythin literally though and insist all tillies are destroyed.

Guys a gold coin donation for the BBQ would be great. But how about we just make it a general donation box. Everything raised (entry fee's included) above the cost of the BBQ (which im hoping to get a good deal on) will go straight to the stocking group. :)

Angus

Having kept cichlids during my early youth years (I'm still in my latter youth years:unsure: ) I have some secrets that you may be told about at 2pm tomorrow.

Some cryptic clues.

1. Mickey

2. chippee was right

3. The Odd Couple

4. Combantrum (spelling ?)

kriso wrote:

so where can i get live worms early like 5-6am

Hi Kriso,

There is a tackle shop along Gympie Rd in Carseldine. After passing Aspley look on your left to see Hungry Jack's and in that complex is a variety of shops. The tackle shop is just past the servo.

There should still be heaps of worms there. I've just spoken to the owner an hour ago. And they open 5 AM.

Hope this helps. :)

EMP

Angus wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Are we having sack races ?:P

:P

For weighing the fish.

Each member will need a bag (eco friendly bag).

Angus

Angus, by green bag, do you mean the 1 dollar bags from the supermarket?

If so, I might have at least 30 of them (hopefully).

Hopefully too, I haven't thrown them all as I still remember that one fateful day when I threw everything away. I hate hoarding. ;)

EMP

If you read this Aaron I managed to dig up about 70 worms from the mint garden - well garden is not so mint now - hahahha:laugh: I also have a loaf of bread. I hope you have the live shrimp, although it's a bit of a shame to feed tillies with live shrimp.

Archived