sneaks in a fish...

Tim a

Hey all.

Yes I snuck out and had a little fish at troys spot-x.

Started surface fishing for bream, scored a few, and a sweet little video that'll be in a compilation in awhile. I then headed off after some cod with 6lb braid and tilsan barras. Got a few cod, one nice one. All of them look small compared to the lure but are up around the 35-40cm mark. I was on my way back to the station when I saw some pilons that I've lost about 80 bob worth of lures to since I got the spot about a month ago to fish. So what the genius thing to do, I already had my 2lb spool back on and I CBF changing so on goes the shallow running CK50. Just pestered the crap through the pilons cast after cast and Whamshee! A nice slow determined run back through the pilons and I could feel the 6lb rubbing...then brick... then unbricked... then bricked again... and out she comes woo, ever so softly I pulled her to the back to find it was a decent cod. She measured up 40cm exact, few dodgy snaps and I couldn't get a good grip on her and off both she and I go. Test my 4lb, broke incredibly easy, just as well I lip gripped her out of the water. By no means a big cod but still on 2lb right in pilons it was rather fun!

It may be awhile before I report again but I will be sneaking out for an all nighter in a few weeks :P :side:

Peace

Tim [img size=412]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Codigans.JPG

post-96-144598444129_thumb.jpg

Tim a wrote:

Well dan, this spot has produced tarpon, jew, sharks, bream, Giant herring, cod, flathead and grunter... not worth ANY risk as it will get fished out in 5 minutes flat :P

He has a point but he messed up. Thanks to that little purple/silver rock in the top right hand corner I know exactly where it is! Wooot im on may way! :P

Good session Tim. I have said it once and Ill say it again, I love estuary cod, Highly underrated i think.

Angus

Archived