new cast net

reef_raider

had the day off today so i popped down to amart all sports to pick up a new cast net.

decided on a 10ft top pocket cast net from jarvis walker. it was reduced to $70 from $90

hopefully it works for me at hinchinbrook island over the holidays

WOOOO LEVAING FOR HINCHINBROOK ISLAND TOMMOROW!!! sorry i could'nt help myself

well have a good and safe holidays everyone.. i will not have the internet for 2 weeks either so i will have a lot to write about when i get back

reef_raider

Cowfish13 wrote:

Before you take the net out and use it Reef_Raider, have you ever used a cast net before? If so, use the big one and don't pay any attention to me, but if not, take back your new one and get a smaller one cause for begginners, large nets are very hard to throw properly.

I just picked up a 6ft mono on sale at BCF for $28 in a bucket...

yea i have used one before but i am going to get another small one as im not too good yet... i got this one so my dad and his mate can use it too... i used to be able to throw the old 12ft one perfectly until i didnt do it for a couple of years and now im hopeless... just ask brad he knows how shit i am

Post edited by: reef_raider, at: 2006/09/21 20:45

Mick: I wouldn't bother beginning with a 6ft Cast Net. You have to work for hours to get a few fish. To me they arn't worth the money.

Jake: I have a 10ft Net. Really it all depends on how tall you are. Generally, if your a tall person you should be able to throw a bigger net with more eas. Or if you practice and practice when your short with a big net :P . Which ever way works for you.

I personally would say 8ft is the perfect size to begin with. 6 and 7ft is just too small.

Troy

blue_mako wrote:

Mick: I wouldn't bother beginning with a 6ft Cast Net. You have to work for hours to get a few fish. To me they arn't worth the money.

Jake: I have a 10ft Net. Really it all depends on how tall you are. Generally, if your a tall person you should be able to throw a bigger net with more eas. Or if you practice and practice when your short with a big net :P . Which ever way works for you.

I personally would say 8ft is the perfect size to begin with. 6 and 7ft is just too small.

Troy

It was a fiscal choice.. after $90 for a life Jacket for my little girl $80 for the rod / reel (peen 220gto boat combo) $20 for the line the well only had $30 left in it for the cast net .. :whistle:

Now funny thing you saw about being tall ... I am 6ft 2in tall

Oh well

:unsure:

Archived