Cursed in '08

ellicat

force outboards are what the old chrysler outboards were; i have seen a force chrysler outboard manual; almost bought one a while back simple basic and tough outboards had a couple of chryslers in my time a 90hp a 55hp a15hp all were great cheers

Thanks bommie. Not sure on the year - will try to find the serial number tomorrow and look it up.

tacklebox - keep an eye out as soon as the weather clears:woohoo:

Also, Someone was interested in "wrecking" my old motor, but I can't find the pm nor remember who it was:blush: Any way sorry about that but I gave it to Coorparoo Marine so they can have the pleasure of pulling it to pieces one more time:laugh:

Feral, Very "unaccountant-like" of me, I know :P :laugh: :laugh:

Down South Coast of NSW there are plenty of boat hire places that use the Force motors, as they are just rebadged Chryslers. Say they are second only behind Tohatsu for hire boat 'indestructabiltity'.

Let me know as soon as you want to be on the water and I will come out for a shakedown run.

I can feel my throat getting a little sore now and need to book an appointment with the Dr.

Had a bit of a research session last night and this morning. Seems Merc took them over in 1993 and slowly morphed them into a Merc bar the powerhead. Can't say I found many positives about them, but I guess that's the nature of whinge forums.

Couldn't find a serial number match, so it would seem it is 1997 or later.

The Force is with me and hopefully will be for a whileB)

Just remember Greg, when we race it starts from our home addresses:P Save your sore throat for another week....I wanna make sure I can play first:laugh:

shortie wrote:

Remember if you stop, have a fish then try restart it again. And you think its seized.

Take it out of Gear. (This is advice my my Mechanic Malcolm.) lol

No Shortie, That just means you need a bigger battery! :evil:

More Power!

shortie wrote:

Remember if you stop, have a fish then try restart it again. And you think its seized.

No mate you have it wrong.You shake your head fish for 5 hours using oars to change spots while shaking your head then take it out of gear and go home fealing like an idiot.

Thanks for the reminder I'm glad it it it didn't affect affect me

Malcolm wrote:

shortie wrote:

No mate you have it wrong.You shake your head fish for 5 hours using oars to change spots while shaking your head then take it out of gear and go home fealing like an idiot.

Thanks for the reminder I'm glad it it it didn't affect affect me

HAHAHAHAHA how many beers were involved? It couldda been worse ie. rowing back to ramp, then towing boat the next day to a mechanic and asking what was wrong!! Though, how good did it feel to know u didnt have to get it fixed, i think id rather sore arms - feeling like a knob in front of ya mate or by yaself instead of paying $$$$. Thanks for the laugh.

Cheers

Woody

Great to hear you've sorted out the motor, you deserved a break.

I'm just wondering if Benno will know where the secret spots are without your GPS :laugh: . Can't wait to hear the report from your first trip with the new motor.

Archived