quality 2 or 3lb braid???

I have 6lb Td Sensor braid on my twin. It cost $60 for 150m but it is thinner and softer than the 1kg fireline my dad has on one of his reels. It does come in 4lb so that would be insanely thin. Watch out though, using braid that thin and soft can be a nightmare when trying to tie knots in the wind.

The bright orange is pretty easy to see in any light as well. All in all I rate it highly.

Yeah I agree, I can't see why 6lb sensor braid would ever be too thick for anything. But it is expensive so if you're prone to getting wind knots then I'd go with something cheaper. I find that when casting that lite of a line though, you can do smooth controlled casts and still achieve long distances. So wind knots aren't really a problem as you never really throw hard enough to cause them.

i like the 2lb fireline crystal, it casts great and it is much stronger for its rating and it is cheap.

The top end lines are very good but if they are rated 4lb then the braking strain is usually around there too. i am talking about the IGFA rated ones. I got a 12lb sunline castaway and it is as thin as my 4lb fireline but it does not cast as well as my 4lb fireline.

The best thing is to try and see. For bream I would go 2lb to 4lb.

For flathead I would go 6lb.

hey mate i found these

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default.php?cPath=30_197_235

or,

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default.php?cPath=30_198_236

both available in 3lb and color bright yellow.

other than that im guessing for braided dyneema lines platy superbraid is the only other one below 4lb

hope that helps

Edit: you could always just spool it up with straight through fluro, at that poundage its hardly thicker than braid and casts just as well its just a bit stiffer.

just an idea

Plastic Man wrote:

if you go to sandgate tackleworld have a look at nitlon pe i really like it nice and soft and a thin diameter

Plastic man sold my dad our chrissy presents, one of which was a spool of 4lb nitlon pe each. Absolutelty amazing stuff and i couldn't put a flaw to it yet. on the weekend it landed me a 60cm barra and i've landed 35cm+ cod on it as well no probs.

Archived