where art thou?

mark

hey guys,

i'm really in the mood for a nice bream session one of these mornings but i dont feel like driving all the way from kangaroo point out to pinkenba to do so.

Im land based and prefer using bait (just cant figure those damn soft plastics out). Only asking cause im new to brisbane fishing and don't know to many spots. Any ideas for a \"fishing is okay here\" spot for bream thats not 30 mins away from the city?

Also, you can count me in for the BBQ, just where is breakfast creek? Hahaha, i sound so lost dont i? :laugh:

Breakfast creek is along the road to the airport, about 15mins from you.

Other locations you could give a try (I fished these 30 years ago) are

Kangaroo point cliffs (Dock St)

Dutton Park Cemetery (Princes St)

Norman Creek (either Canning bridge or Heath park)

Mowbray park, (Lytton Rd)

Check out the ferry terminals, sometimes some good structure around them for Bream, otherwise check out the above at low tide to see where the structure is.

Gday mark.

I would not go to pikenba for bream. Mainly Flatties.

The best bream i have caught in river size wise were at..................................................wait for it.........................................................................................................................................................just opposite Kangaroo point.

I have been meaning to try at the cliffs where people climb for ages as i reckon the rocks there would be teeming with them.

So to save you a drive to pink, i would just walk down there if i was you.

New farm park is good as well and very close.

Angus.

all signed up there for the event now big dave;)

you know angus, ive never caught a flathead ever! not just at pinkenba but fullstop! Strange cause im told that flathead are a \"bread and butter fish.\" I have tried many a time but I've always ended up catching something else.

hey just looked at the map for breakfast creek and saw where newstead park is. Is that where you guys usually head out on friday night? I thought that there would be a problem with \"undesirables\" at newstead park on a friday night..

Feral wrote:

kazabri wrote:
Timbo -what's the right bait?

Well it depends on the ethnicity of the \"slappers\", if their of the indigenous persuation, a bottle of Royal Reserve port usually does the job, if their a little older (say 30 plus) spumante is the go, if younger then definately a six pack of \"tart fuel\" (anything in bright colours with 7% alcohol, and a name like \"breezer\")

:evil:

Psh, I must admit those brightly coloured drinks are easy to down. Except I prefer to be able to taste the alcohol, not some raspberry flavoured drink.

Newstead park is ok at night, usually there's half a million cast netters on the pontoon, the odd couple walking through the park, and even some crazy hooligans paddling out in an inflatable boat. Seriously who the hell does that?

Well Kazabri(how ever you want to spell it?what does it mean?)

I now mainly use soft plastics but if im feeling like a bait session I use Prawns or Pilchard fillets. It depends on what you want to catch like if you want to catch something bigger like a shark or salmon I'd talk to angus or troy about live baiting.

Archived