redcliffe shallows

Ash

George and myself headed upto redliffe for some fishing on sunday (24.09.06).

We got out to the shallows at about 645 and started to fish. we used squid as bait and found a nice place infront of some rocks and waited for the action.

It wasnt long before my line went off, and i landed a 26cm squire. Mine went off a few more times with nothing but under sized squire before georges went off. All in all everything for a while was under sized.

Whislt drifting i had something grab the line and take off. I was excited thinking it was a very decent squire. After a while it turned out to be a baby shark, about 1 1/2-2 foot long. I was about to bring it into the boat when it took off and snapped the line! I was a bit peeved as i didnt get a photo, and it would have been my first non-shovel nose shark!

Not to much later, george got smashed by something that bent his rod in half, and wrapped his line around some coral. My guess was a cod, and i also got hit by something similiar later on. I eventualy picked up a 36-37cm squire.

We then decided to head into the pine. Big mistake, as we got to the furthest point away from as possible (in my mind anyway!) the motor wouldnt get into gear. We then paddled for about 2 hrs using a bucket lid and bait board til a paser by gave us a tow to a ramp. Luckily the fellows there were clueing and it turned out some pin had broken, that holds the rotor to the thing. Some guy manage to cut a pin the perfect size, and off we went.

Back out to the shalows. this time however the weather was against us. the chop was so big poor old george started the \"we are crazy mother f%$kers: over and over. But get there we did. we caught more undersized squire til about 10 min before we left i picked up a 46cm squire. this one was caught on sp, a new one i decided to try called old bayside lures.

i wont show all the pics as most are tiny squire.

Here's georges cod coral [img size=384]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/squireeee-999c480336cef82c7a14df0f42832163.JPG

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/09/26 19:49

• 3 weeks later...

Archived