what tipe of knot?

slug

Captain Stabin wrote:

What ever you find the easiest to tie, Allbright, Improved Allbright, Double uni, 5 Turn, Mike Connolly's leader knot and a few others.

I use the Improved allbright but am experimenting with the Mike Connolly knot

do you have a link to the Mike Connolly knot, ive never heard of it

fishyman wrote:

Captain Stabin wrote:
What ever you find the easiest to tie, Allbright, Improved Allbright, Double uni, 5 Turn, Mike Connolly's leader knot and a few others.

I went to a Snapper Seminar with Mike as a guest speaker, he raved about the knot.

Its in the latest " Geoff Wilson's guide to Rigging Braid, Dacron and Gelspun Lines " maybe try a google search

fishyman wrote:

Captain Stabin wrote:

You mean this mike? [img size=348]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/MikesBraidLeaderConnection-dd8d899444a06ff1fde2b7c6c193350c.jpg

post-134-144598451772_thumb.jpg

thats the knot, has the advantages of the tag end of leader facing towards the rod tip. Making it easier on the guides, less noisy and better casting.

Mike knows his stuff, thankd to his seminar i went to I am a lot poorer, on the flip side I have caught plenty more Snapper.

Where is that link from?

Mate, Ray went to one of his seminars a couple of years and got me to scan the brochure and stick it up in the first "AFO Awoonga Trip" thread, had it since then. Ray and Graham have used it for years, never lost a fish due to the knot. Me I prefer an Albright, I just cant bring myself to trust the unlocked blood knot side of it in the leader material

I now use a bimini twist then a uni to uni.

Works pretty well. haven't had any issues :)

Ps: my knot failures occured on a straight uni to uni, as a result of me probably not tightening the uni knot on the leader material. 10lbs fluro cuts fingers pretty easy :S

Archived