Dohles Rocks (09/04/08)

reef_raider

well i havnt put a report up in a while so i finally have a good one for you guys.

Myself and my mate brad headed to dohles rocks yesterday to try out his SPOT X. got there around 10:30 tied on a 1/12 head with a 2" gulp shrimp in nuc chicken and 2nd cast i got hit but no hook up, about 15 casts later bang im on... landed a nice 46.5cm flattie

moved around a bit and im on again, this time only a little bream, a few more cast and another flattie around the 40cm mark

landed another two flathead around the 40cm mark by which stage brad was getting quite pissed that he hadnt landed a fish yet

then bang im on again this time on a 3" gulp minnow in chartruese... was only a small flattie around 30cm

and then.... FINALLY brad hooked up, landed a nice little flattie around the 40cm mark on a squidgy flick bait

moved around a bit more and didnt get anything for a while so i decided id try something different so i put on an ecogear grass minnow in pearl white/blue pearl black (colour #101)

surely enough i landed another two flathead around the 40cm mark

decided to call it quits after a while with nothing.. headed back and got a feed from the boat hire place and then realised we had 45 minutes until we were being picked up so headed for the rocks down past the boat ramp, i let brad have a few casts first but he didnt manage anything so i had a cast and BANG im on, felt like a really solid fish, after a decent fight up came a thick 30ish cm bream... thought we would end the day on a high so headed home after that

Score: Jake - 7 flathead, 2 bream, 1 whiting

Brad - 1 flathead

pictures to follow

Archived