If I was to fish the Gold Coast tonight......

Do$tylz

where should I go landbased???

I was considering the rock wall at the end of the spit...however a little concerned about the after hours safety of that spot.

Was considering a late mission behind Palazzo Versace, or behind Seaworld.

Will be going with at least 3 mates, maybe 5.

Anyone wanna join??

any of the rock spits are good - best one for something decent is the mouth of the tweed, northern wall, off the end on the northern side, or southern wall off the south side but that requires driving up a dirt road... ;) you can get some good tailor off tallebugera creek breakwall, currumbin creek mouth breakwall or currumbin rock also worth a look. take a torch of some description as lighting is generally poor. swell is quite small so safety should be ok reagrding getting washed away, i've never found too many weirdos to be out and about if that sort of safety thing is what you meant. but i don't drive an S2000... :laugh:

love to join you and show you the best spots but am busy tonight... :dry: definately take you down there in winter for the sea bream run!

I wouldn't bother going to the end of the spit.

Last Friday night i dived there and there were huge parrot fish sleeping under the rocks.

I'm talking like at least 15 of them within a 30m range.

After telling many people (thinking they'd never be catchable) one of my mates from Anaconda Ashmore rings me to tell me he got one on a live worm.

He reckons he fished further from the tower than the pipeline where divers enter the water.

Also, hundreds of big whiting scattered over the flats.

Good luck!

you could try the bridge at burleigh. i believe its the tallabudgera bridge its right next to the tallabudgera rec place and there is a hotel called koala something.

if you go there fish on the side facing the mouth of the river ive have seen 30+ cm parrot fish caught there

namyau wrote:

you could try the bridge at burleigh. i believe its the tallabudgera bridge its right next to the tallabudgera rec place and there is a hotel called koala something.

if you go there fish on the side facing the mouth of the river ive have seen 30+ cm parrot fish caught there

also good for flathead on live herring on the run out

and there are jacks round the pilons but you need stump puller gear to get them out

Sweet. Thanks gents..

Nasty - are you trying to tell me to not go there... or to go there ??

Cheers Benno - will certainly take you up on the sea bream run. Gonna have to google earth the Tweed River.

Tried fishing off the Tallebugera creek bridge before... but got water bombed by some kids....not funny at the time. Might just go under it and walk waist deep in water for a flick.

Do$tylz wrote:

Right on the money.

Just fish smart though.

These fish are sleeping under the rocks and have had everything you could think of thrown at them.

Except the whiting.

They're big, they're off the rocks on the sand and they'll be easy to get i reckon.

Archived