I finally caught a fish on lures...

adri4n

I've been trying and trying on many occasions to catch a fish on a lure but to no avail, had some spare time today and went down to newstead fishing off the rock wall. After some debating I made up my mind not to get bait....

Tried my 3 inch curly grub first up, flicked it around but no touches, finally felt a small bump and I struck with all that I had.... I felt some weight and some small kicks... Finally.. a fish on a sp... got it up after a good fight and realised that I had foul hooked it... it turned out to be a legal bream, about 26cm.. oh well, a fish is a fish.. :P

Decided to then try the halco scorpion and again no touches for about half an hour and then a massive hit, I was stoked to get a fish and might have been overzealous, I saw the bream thrashing about wildly and it made a couple of wild jumps, but I think in my zeal to land it I pulled the hooks... :S but no matter, I'm still claiming it as my first fish on a hardbody..

I still think lure fishing takes way too much effort and sometimes can yield so little, but i do understand the appeal... think I need to get to better spots with more action before I'm totally able to go all out for lure fishing.. 2 fish in a total of 3+ hours... its really tiring stuff but I'm beginning to see its appeal...

Do not be trapped it will cost you a fortune. You end up just buying lures for the look of them.

Besides nothing on earth can beat the rapturous smell on your fingers when you pick your nose or eating a sanga 4 hours after putting stale prawns on a hook.

Do not be entrapped !

Resist the temptation !

I think that it will have to start a support group called lures anonymous.

Cheers

Ray

Dan23 wrote:

namyau wrote:
to me using lures is more about the hunt, your targeting specific fish with the lures and its very rewarding when you get one on.

Exactly what keeps us coming back for more;)

dan its even better using breaming gear and getting the really big ones and managing to land them ;)

Archived