Ice in your beer sir?

rayke1938

When we arrived in Bankock i was really hanging out for a cold beer after a dry flight plus 24 hours in Brunei which is also dry.

Did the right thing and waited till meal time when we went to the Restaurant in the Indra hotel where we were staying.

The waiter came around with the menu and I said an icy cold large singha beer whilst we are waiting to order.

The waiter turned up with a 500mil bottle of singha and proceeded to open it and pour it into a glass.

Beer went everywhere as soon as he lifted the cap and the glass filled up with froth.

I felt the bottle and it was hot.

I said I am not drinking that and he said whats wrong and when I said its hot he said no its been in the fridge.

When I arked up again he said I will get you some ice.

I refused to pay and walked out. Went over the road to an indian restaurant and had cold beer and good meal for less than the price the hotel wanted for the beer.

Ps beer is 50 cents a can in the shops there.

Cheers

Ray

HAHAHAHA...

Reminds me of my first project in the Philippines... I was FANATICAL about NOT drinking the water but after about a week we had a few beers after work - and like you ended up with some waiter sticking some ice in my beer (because I wanted cold beer).

Spent the next two or three days on the loo. :blush:

OK OK... Part B of my story.

I ended up going to a drug store (chemist) and got some tablets to get me off the loo...

got the tablets and held them in my hand, looking at them.. thinking... "they look so small"... looked at all the locals around me and thought to myself "They all look so small too"... so logically, I doubled the recommended dose.

Didn't even get close to the loo for the next 10 days... was horrendous!

:blink: :blush: :dry: :S

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hahahahahaha. My mates and I have actually been imitating hibernating bears every time we go to Malaysia. Its wierd.

We ended up going to the chemist looking for laxatives and found this one box for 3 ringitte (AU$1) with all chinese writing on it. The only english words on it were "atomic enema" :blink::lol:

Needless to say we did not test it out. However was very tempted to buy it and make it a poker losers prize. :laugh:

Archived