Schilling

Anglers Name: Sean Chalmers

Anglers Age: 20

Date Caught: 30th April 2008

Where Caught: Norman Park, Lower Brisbane River

Species: Jew Fish

Size: 74cm

Weight: 5kg (Scale max was 5kg)

Tackle Used: Shimano Sedona 2500 Spinning reel, 6kg line, Shimano Backbone 702 Spin

Story of Catch: Just finished work at 10pm thought like going for a fish so a mate and I decided to hit up our secret spot a Norman park. Had some left over bait from a Gold Coast session the night before which consisted of small mullet caught in the cast net. Looked for the best looking little mullet to get the edge over my mate put it on the hook and just casted it out about 5m from the rocky wall. An hour passed and with the cold and no action we were about to leave when my rod fell over, odd? Thought nothing of it, went over picked it up gave it a wined and bang the 6kg line on my shimano sedona 2500 went flying off with the sweet sound of the drag trying to restrain the fish waking us up. About 15min of heart pounding pressure later the big unit was done and dusted lying on the grass. Took it home got some photos and put him in the fridge ready for the bbq on Saturday. What a night!! First Jew Fish!!! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00349.JPG

post-1836-144598456093_thumb.jpg

Archived