Chillies long weekend

Brian D

Well stuff work I need some Chilli time, so this is how Mrs Chilli and I spent the weekend.

Friday we started with the footy and a few too any beers then next da we got up some time around 10ish we headed up the local Albert for a paddle, ran into a few locals [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P5030016_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598457194_thumb.jpg

Then over to the Bay, trolling one of the middle banks for a flatty and found the dreaded grinners

P5050003AFO.jpg

So moved to Peel where she found the bushes, that's her in the middle of the pic. "No close up" she says, that might have something to do with it being less then a metre deep and I was stuck in the boat

P5050004AFO.jpg

They were on the chew for gentleman hours

P5050018AFO.jpg

Bream, wrass, trout, gar, cod, strippies, grassies: all on the surface

P5050021AFO.jpg

As soon as the bait hit the surface it got boofed

P5050028AFO-1.jpg

It was just a woderfull fun session, it was nice not to take fishing serious for a change and enjoy the area even if they were babies

P5050009AFO-1.jpg

That is a huge grinner!:laugh: I didn't know they came that big, you must be super lucky!:silly:

Is the rod that broke, the same that you were high-sticking in the pic:blink:

The colours on that trout is unreal:cheer:

Sometimes it's nice to just catch fish even if there are few or no keepers. I was camping with my family and girl at Pottsville over the weekend. Only got 2 keeper flatties, but heaps of undersize bream. We had a ball.B)

Great pics mate, good to see Mr + Mrs Chillie fishing and smiling together, love your work.

Some pretty fish there, especially that trout. Those grinners are getting bigger and bigger, perhaps our next sportfish in the making:silly: They certainly don't mind taking lures, they go hard and there are plenty of them...who cares if you don't fish for a feed anyway!

Thanks mate,

Rocket

Thanks for the happy reply guys.

We caught 3 coral trout or the same one 3 times - not sure which. :S

WW no the Pfluger made it home OK - it was the shamino raider that had strees fractures in it from NPD. Did you notice the hand grip on the spool, I couldn't stop the bugger from going coral, it's one of the ones that got away.

THat grinner should have been a flathead :angry:

ando_04 wrote:

well done brian, what sort of speed are you getting from your boat with the 60 yammy ?

I have 3 prop set ups that achieve differnt speeds

Solas Prop = 57kph but is very fuel friendly, excellent out of the hole

Yammy 13 = 60kph, a little boggy out of the hole under weight, but with 1 (me) it's like a hair trigger

Yammy 15 = 54kph, a little slow top end but great under load with passengers.

(I think I got the 2 yammies around the right way, never can remember which is which)

Revs are 5600, 5900 and 5400. The 5400 only gets to about 3/4 throttle the other are WOT.

(how about that Feral/Ray - you taught me well.;)

Archived