Coomera 15/10/06

nabs

Hey guys

Went to the coomera river with Mat and Troy for round 6 of our mini comp.

The day started off with me and Mat picking up a few bream while troy was behind with nothing. the fishing started to slow down and Mat and I were onli getting fish every now and then.. During this patch i managed to get my first estuary cod on SPs.. it went 28cm.

After a while the fishing picked up as the tide kicked in and Mat pulled in a few more nice bream, again troy had nothing. Finally we hear Troy shouting \"Im on!\" and in comes a small trevally around 10cm:laugh:

After this Troy hit a real purple patch gettin a small queenfish which was his first on SP and quickly managed to get 6 more bream while I got a few and Mat a few more aswell.

Just before we left the bream were going crazy and it was a fish or dropped fish almost every cast. Mat and I managed a fish each on our last casts.. just wish we could have stayed longer.:(

To end the day the tally was-

Mat 10 bream

Troy 6 bream, 1 Trevally, 1 Queenfish

Nabeel 5 bream, 1 Cod

Got a pic of my codB)

Cheers [img size=490]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/firstcod.jpg

Post edited by: nabs, at: 2006/10/16 16:22

post-107-144598402067_thumb.jpg

It was a fun day. Got two firsts between the three of us. Nabeel's Cod and my Queenie. I also managed to snap up the biggest Bream at 29cms fork length B) . Though this was definately not the heaviest Bream.

I nailed 6 fish in a row in about 25-30 minutes before Nabeel and Ando decided there was no fish in the area since I was catching them all. Forcing me to be dragged away from my lucky spot so they could catch some fish for once :P . Also put me in front of Nabeel who was beating me four, zero. I was one fish behind Ando for one stage and boy wasn't he happy to get his second last fish landed to put him back in front :P .

Troy

I mite add that Troy hadnt landed a Bream for about 10 trips before this so... Congratulations Troy!

Also Im sure Ando will agree with me on this that the look on Troys face for the majority of the session was hilarious, he just couldnt tempt a fish. At one stage he had almost given up, lucky he kept going.

Cheers

Brian D wrote:

Good on ya guys - sound like a great day - good fishing too.

I am impressed with your approach to SP's. I hope some suppliers hear about what you're doing and give you a bag full. If they do, you deserve it.

thanks brianB) i hope we do aswell

Post edited by: ando_04, at: 2006/10/16 20:21

Cause I catch them on hardbodies :P . And for your information Nabs I caught three Bream two trips ago by myself with hardbodies. I just didn't have faith in my dogie Dropshot and 8lb diameter 4lb dodgie Vanish leader :P . I don't know why but when I changed my lure before I even casted it my confidence went from 1 to 10. So yeah Mr. I came 42nd in A.B.T. :P .

Troy

ok troy..

firstly.. can u prove the bream you got at bretts?

and please stop the crap about the ABT.. its getting old...

a bad worksman blames his tools. I know that Tim morgan uses vanish leader and look where he is?

If it really is so bad.. maybe Mr Centrelink can go buy some other type...oops i forgot

Mr No-more Centrelink;)

• 5 months later...

nabs wrote:

ok troy..

firstly.. can u prove the bream you got at bretts?

and please stop the crap about the ABT.. its getting old...

a bad worksman blames his tools. I know that Tim morgan uses vanish leader and look where he is?

If it really is so bad.. maybe Mr Centrelink can go buy some other type...oops i forgot

Mr No-more Centrelink;)

BAHAHAHAHAHHA that is the burn of afo!!

Troy, you just got served!!!!

Archived