Fork it up guys

Brian D

Brian D wrote:

Has anyone noticed the donation section on the home page? I did and I noticed that none of us have forked up any cash yet, so I thought I would start it off with a challange to Troy.

Troy if you get the first donation in at $50 before we go to Awoonga I will pay your share of the petrol for the entire trip, including car and boat. Now that's a bargin. So how about it - Deal or No Deal?

I know us fisherman find it hard to have any cash for anything other then tackle, lines and weapons but I am sure that any donation would be gratefully accepted and be used for the growth and development of the site.

[b]Please don't be angry at the site for me asking cause I am asking - not the admin guys.

Cowfish13 repliedRe:Fork it up guys! - 2006/10/17 19:29 I agree but I have absolutly no understanding of how Paypal works.

Brian D trplied back

It's easy - just follow the steps then donate mega bucks :woohoo:

Well ive tried and tried mate ! ( Honestly )

and i just cant suss out the paypal thing !

Ive even tried to pay direct by card mate and paypal says that due to me starting the account application process then i can only use my account and not credit card ??????:(

I have emailed paypal to sort it out hopefully chaps !!

i thought technology was to make thing better and easier !!!!!!:angry:

If not ill give ya my donation when i see you in nov Angus

Fish_Mad_Pom

Hey brian , thanks for the post!!

Just following up on Angus' note. We are shortly about to buy some code for the website to improve some functionality, layout, features and more. So donations are more than welcome to help out with this.

Please note to donate use the donate button on the bottom left side of the site. Please try and keep the payments for the BRC separate from the donations. cheers

Paypal is super easy. If you dont already have a paypal account you can just click on \"I dont have a paypal account\" or \"pay with credit card\" or whatever the option is. then you just fill out the details and your credit card details and voila.

if you have a paypal account, you can just log in to your account and pay with your paypal account and money will be deducted from the bank account you have set as your source funds in paypal.

if you are still unsure go check out the paypal site at www.paypal.com.au and there is very good FAQs and tutorials there to get you all going.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/10/19 15:40

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/10/19 15:47

If your an Ebay user PayPal isn't difficult. Well that's not entirely true. With Ebay is simple because it's all set up when you register so all you have to do is click a few buttons and the money is sent automatically. I have used PayPal once before manually and I would rather the auto :P .

Brian: Done! haha. Though I have one question, Why me? I think your amount of twisty leaders just increased :P . Also I don't know if I have $50 but I can easily put it in so it might be one or two days before it's sent.

Troy

Troy a deal is a deal - so now Angus is not going nothing has changed - deal stands. Just do your donation before you leave.;)

Why you? I just wanted tp help you out seeing I didn't get to do a contra with the reel - but be carefull still, with no Angus that means half the accomadtion cost is yours.

About the leaders - I wont have time so I would appreciate any donations myself!:whistle:

werewolf wrote:

Troy! Is your Karma showing NEGATIVE 3??? what did you do???:blink:

Naughty Troy - that's a warning not to catch bigger Barra then me at Awoonga!:evil:

haaaaa. I don't remember how much the accom was - just have a look on the webite I suppose - Awoonga caravan park - or wait till they get the gong fishing up and running.:huh:

All done chaps !!!

should be my $60 in the pot ready for ya to have a big beer on me !!!:silly:

bloody PAYPAL !!! took me over 1 hour on the phone to sort out there problems with me but all done and dusted now !!

Come on then wheres all those auzzie wallets opening !!!! i can hear them sweeking open from accross the pond !!!! ha ha ha

only joking dont all linch me at once !!!:woohoo:

Brian D wrote:

As another idea to raise money - maybe we could use a Fish Mad Pom as lure bait and drag him up and down the river - every shark bite = $100.:P A bit like what we are gong to do with the ashes cricket series.:P

I bet we would get plenty of wallets opening then!:laugh:

Ha ha ha Nice one Brian D !!!

Im up for anything that raises money mate !!

Maye ill be on one line and you can be on the other mate ???? :evil:

one with the least bits byes the steak and the beers ??? :P

Still cant hear the squeeking thou lads !! :blush:

every thing counts mate - specially when the clubs so young and the cost of the web based stuff alone is a small fortune - but hopefully it can become and good solid established club with the help of all !;)

i think your right brian we both won and i cant wait to taste that beer angus !! it always seems to taste that bit better when you dont pay for it mate !!!:evil:

FISH_mad_POM wrote:

every thing counts mate - specially when the clubs so young and the cost of the web based stuff alone is a small fortune - but hopefully it can become and good solid established club with the help of all !;)

You know what MP (Mad Pom) that is the essence of the message. It's about the establishment of a solid club. THe realy good clubs take time take time and steady growth to become a useful community asset.

That is a hard concept to a lot of young fellows, but ironicly it will be them who will be most serviced in years to come. I work for a Non Profit Club that has been developing for 50yrs, It's now valued at about 25mil. I look forward to being a founding member of BF in another 20yrs.

i think your right brian we both won and i cant wait to taste that beer angus !! it always seems to taste that bit better when you dont pay for it mate !!!:evil:

Never a truer word spoken MP.:cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid dumb sign up process for paypal has been going no where, so I thought stuff it and just did a direct transfer to donate $50. Hope it still makes it to the right spot (and not the Angus beer fund) :P

:blink: Particulary since I paid for my teams BRC entry the same way:blush:

Post edited by: werewolf, at: 2006/11/13 18:42

Archived