new car!

username_taken

A few of you know that I was buying a new (old) car from Adelaide. Well got a very exciting call this morning to say it was here already ( wasn't due until wednesday ). Went and picked it up and is currently parked at work.

Looks like a pretty ordinary Brumby...

IMG_5064.JPG

It's a bit higher than standard, maybe it's got some mods ....

IMG_5067.JPG

What? that doesn't look like a standard brumby engine what's going on?

IMG_5073.JPG

Subaru Brumby with full WRX engine and gearbox ( dual range AWD ) transplant ... The fastest Kayak transport vehicle money can buy :D

Rocket75 wrote:

oooo sneaky...wolf in brumbies clothing, nice! How do you get on insurance wise...is it a brumby or a wrx:dry: ;)

Rocket

That's an excellent question!

It's a brumby with 'modifications'. It's all engineered and blue plated so it's road legal which is the main thing. I insure my cars through Shannons who are very understanding about modded cars.

Do$tylz wrote:

sweet man.. all you need are a set of 19" chromies, a BOV, 3" straight through pipes..... you'll be the sickest dude in a Brumbie anywhere. :D :D :D hahaha.

Nice buy.... would it be able to hit the beach???

oooh yeah, it's a beast at the beach, nothing better for beach driving than light and powerful.

username_taken wrote:

benno573 wrote:
except for a real 4wd like a patrol hey shortie? :P

Fixed for accuracy. Although I'm sure the prado is great for dropping the kids off at soccer mate :)

last time you share my tent ya mongrel...:P don't knock it til you try it hey? and i'm sure it would be great for dropping the kids off at soccer, if i had kids and if they played soccer. but i don't so until then i'll stick to bush bashing and beach bashing whenever i'm not fishing... :P

i would say nice video but i don't like you anymore!!! :P

Im not going to comment on Real 4wd cause i might just need him to tow me out sometime. I never underestimate a suberu. However i know i will not be towed out by a red Pajero cause its not allowed to go off road.

Nice new car Mate look forward to see you abuse it.

Richard.

yeah true... :blush:

there'll come a time when we all need to get towed out. guaranteed it won't be by a red short-wheel based pajero... unless it can stay on the black top to do it.

where was that video out of interest paul? looks like FUN!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Do$tylz wrote:

sweet man.. all you need are a set of 19" chromies, a BOV, 3" straight through pipes..... you'll be the sickest dude in a Brumbie anywhere. :D :D :D hahaha.

Nice buy.... would it be able to hit the beach???

you forgot the vf34 turbo form the sti hahhaha

benno573 wrote:

yeah true... :blush:

there'll come a time when we all need to get towed out. guaranteed it won't be by a red short-wheel based pajero... unless it can stay on the black top to do it.

where was that video out of interest paul? looks like FUN!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Those videos were at a spot out behind redbank plains, I don't think it's accessible anymore.

Pajero's always remind me of that DAAS skit that I can't really repeat on here, but one of the lines was "Pink and Purple Pajero family wagon, driving around the vulvic col-de-sac."

Feral wrote:

Know a bloke in Yeppoon who has a WRX STI motor in a beatup old VW combi ute. Only thing that give it away at the lights is the fans!

Goes rather well.

Feral i have a mate with a leyland p76 motor in a VW combi.

IT goes like a race car. Doesnt go around corners to well though.

giddy up paul im usualy a cubes guy but that would be a wicked toy! i have seen a few running 12 and 11's out at the drags in the brumbies! good thing is its not cop bait! people wouldnt suspet a thing then get smoked! so when we going to a test and tune to see what she does!

unfortunately she's not mine,, some dude in kiwi land built it. if you look up stiatv on the net you might even get some video. the website www.stiatv.co.nz doesnt seem to be working anymore.

p.s. saw a suby wagon out at kallangur with what looked like 16" split rims (aka old cruiser) and a heap of mud to match. looked pretty cool with the big wheels.

I now own a new prado and a surf but have owned a forester and a 3.0l outback (all had there share of sand and dirt), I have every respect for what these things can do on the beach, yours will go like a dune buggy.

Feral wrote:

Shorty, I've seen a beetle with the P76 V8 motor hanging out the back, its a beast! [img size=460]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/R0010195_AFO.jpg

hey feral, i saw that on sunday (Well as least a similar one that had a engine out the bak but the one we followed then engine didnt look all chrome it was mostly rusted) we followed it for a lil bit, sounds real beasty. i reccon the tyres are big enough to take it to fraser :laugh:

they also put the v6 renault motors and mazda rotaries in them and kombis, seen a manx buggy with a turbocharged 13b rotary,

I used to have a kombi raised with 17inc wheels BF muds on, never got to put a v6 in but it had a new 2Lt twin carb. that went alright(lift the front wheels 6 inches on take off)

Archived