bretts wharf

Gerty_92

We went there during the last holidays and we caught a couple of good sized bream(30cm), a few big mullet in the cast net and a few tailor. We just dropped a bit of pilly straight down off the jetty. And no, I don't think anyone cares. We had all the Citycat roaring past and stopping at the next jetty and the driver just smiled and waved.

It's pretty overrated in my opion. I get heaps more at numerous other locations around Brisbane.

Bretts Wharf is like a raging torrent, and unless you use 8oz sinkers, you can't keep your bait still. The most annoying thing about bretts: City cat prevents putting shark lines straight out.

But eh, each to their own I guess;)

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/10/26 01:41

Tory

Come on, don't be that selfish, you did post some reports saying that you are going to fish at Bretts Wharf and you did nailed some big fishes over there.

If you are really good at it, don't be scared that others knows the location, you will still get your catch.

Well I went down last night for a look, and a fish.

I parked the car and in trying to find the pontoon walked halfway to the airport!!

When I eventually did find it it's a protected little spot, not a bad place to settle in for the night and hope to cath that one that got away!!!!!

Take something to clip your rod onto the railing, or when your on your rod might go flying.

Archived