Tagged fish NPD.

rayke1938

I contacted David Roberts the scientist who is conducting an ongoing study in the NPD fishery re the tagged bass that Tomcat Dan caught recently. ( Picture on the " too wet to work thread " )

I am fairly certain that this is the 52cm bass that Ferg caught and Feral tagged during the recent tagging exercise at NPD.

David has requested that if anyone recaptures a tagged bass in NPD to be certain to contact the dpi tagging number 1800 077 001 as they forward all details to him.

Cheers

Ray

Tagged Bass in impoundments are more likely to have the sores and so on that you mentioned...this doesnt seem to effect them however. The tagged fish in the rivers/streams are far more less likely (In my experience) to have these sores.

When you ring the number on the tag and report the info, they will send you out a certificate with all the details associated with that fish. Though some of them are not always correct. One certificate I have shows the fish actually shrunk 2cm in a year! So the tagging process means nothing unless the tagger knows what they are doing.

Yeah it would be one of ours (PRFMA), we tagged on the 8&9th of March.

Wont have been one Ferg Alex or I caught, after looking back at our photo's, we were tagging them higher up. The idea is to lock the tag in behind the spines up on the shoulder in the first fin, here is one of Alex's tags on the other side, but you get the general location. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1100596.jpg

post-134-144598461167_thumb.jpg

Archived