Threadys

paulmasinello

There have been tonnes of forum threads about threadies, so have a crack at the "Search Forum" button above, it is your friend:)

BTW I know nothing about them. The only one I have ever seen was pulled up in my castnet:(

ps - Is that you in your avatar? That is a freaking huge trev!

they are deff still around - lots of ppl say live baits work well - for me i have never targeted them with fresh baits, always used lures. as benno stated look for drop offs etc. they can be caught landbased as well as in boats. im strictly landbased and all mine have been off the riverbanks, not saying where though but good luck

paulmasinello wrote:

hey i was just wondering if the threadys were still out and if it worth trying to target them.

also what time, bait , gear ,months , tide ect. is the best to catch them

advice would be appreciated thankoyuu

Hey mate,

You'll catch one anywhere along the brisbane river. 3 places where I usually go are Bretts Wharf pontoon, Toowong (left side of ferry terminal), and Indooroopilly bridge.

Big threaddies have been caught at these places.

Fish during high tides of course. You'll prob find that sinkers big or small will still get swept by the current. A size 4 star sinker for me works best.

Fresh or live prawns work best for bait. Peel shells off "soggy" prawns to reuse them. Size 1 long shank hooks will suffice.

Best of Luck!

speaking to gordon from the tackle warehouse, he reckons they ars still about, can only target the usual spots i guess, brecky, my favourite the ledge out from boggy into the river chanel. the rest is up to you, but it is like i say to my mate, your not going to catch them sitting on the lounge chair. no punn intended. bait i use at these places are live banana prawns i have found best ,i"ve herd of a dirty ol pillie catching a monster of around 15kg i" caught them on the larger hering only to be sharked several times,so live bait is prefered by me. good kuck

Archived