Burrum Heads??

Burko

Will be spending the last week of August at Burrum Heads with the family. Will be taking my tinny (obviously!!!) but would like info on where and what? .. Have brownies beacon to beacon and have google earthed the area and will be concentrating on the deep bit to the northern side of burrum heads and the banks east of that, maybe go out the main channel if it is calm enough. (4.1 tillers don't like big waves) . anyone got any general areas they know of and what species will I encounter. (have gear for anything from whiting to big reefies.)

oh and i come home for a week then head off to fraser for the annual boys trip at orchid beach. just to rub it in. :P

if the weather is too rough for outside head up river to the old powerstation there is a rock bar and an old wreck on the bottom that produces good cod and jacks

a live prawn under a float will produce good queenies and trevs

i used to live on the opposite bank to the powerstation and getting blown away on 10kg gear was a daily occurence

thanks guys

s/shaker any chance of getting directions to that reef. i.e. gps points. (totally understand if you don't do those things) even just distance and direction would be good.

jefff where is the old powerstation mate not on any maps.

cheers

Burko wrote:

thanks guys

s/shaker any chance of getting directions to that reef. i.e. gps points. (totally understand if you don't do those things) even just distance and direction would be good.

jefff where is the old powerstation mate not on any maps.

cheers

it's just before a little town called howard on the north bank

of the river. you cant miss it its a huge old derelict red brick building about 1 k downstream from the railway bridge

there is a set of heavy power trans wires crossing the river and pylons on either bank

fonz and jefff, took me a bit but I found it "powerhouse Rd, howard"

might be a bit far upstream from burrum heads, looks like quite a hike and because I will have my 4 yr old daughter with me am going to try and keep close to home base.

thanks any way

Archived