stanley river thursday

James W

went in search of a yella for FOTM comp...havent been to this section of the river in at least 2 years and by the look of it when i got there neither had anyone else:)

no yellas today but got 2 bass a real small one and one that just went over 30cm...the small one took a damiki i got off the site and the larger one took a cheapo outback craw dad thingy...this place is so beautiful to fish..really feels like you are fishing in a forest...and i saw a platypus..pretty rare for me..i stalked it to get closer to get a piccy of it too so i was happy..headed back there tomorrow to see if i can rustle up that yella;) [img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00135.jpg

post-180-144598464305_thumb.jpg

Rocket75 wrote:

pity about the yellas, but the bass would have been fun!

How was NZ?

ROcket

ah..nz....well notice i didnt put up a report?....nothing to report except the beer was cold and the wind colder..no fishing done but lots of beer drank:S

dropped 3 more bass and had a few nudges that im sure were yellas..u know that "yella" nudge?:P

but yer the platypus was pretty cool to see..he hung around for ages strirring up bubbles, every time he went under i was sneaking closer and closer...i thought i was pretty close..but the pic doesnt do it any justice:blush:

Archived