Is pinkenba ramp open yet?

Mack_attack

Mack_attack wrote:

Tried a new creek only accesible from the bay side that runs next to the airport and let's just say broken rod, warnings from port security guys, kilometres of sand flats and the only good fish of the trip busted me off.:angry::P

Share the pain mate.

Cheers

Ray

fine you asked for it:laugh:

Woke up at 5:30a.m. keen on trying a creek that i've seen before when we flew back home from a ski trip and was sure that it was remote enough to hold some good fish. we ended up launching from fishermans island as it was a bit closer to the mouth and it is a very easy launch. the plan was to hit up the drop offs next to the pipe line using vt65's to possibly catch a thready.:) Now the vt65 is a pretty heavy lure an when it travels at about 50km/h it has some momentum behind it as fraser found out. He accidently cast it into the end of my bream finesse raider which had only been used about 5 times. the result was the tip of my rod flying off into the water:( . We only picked up a small squire here anout 20cm long.

As we were about to leave we saw a police boat driving towards us so i put down my rod and gave a friendly wave just expecting them to say hi or check for life jackets etc and they stopped for a second then proceeded down the river.:dry:

Continued on towards our secret creek:P for a couple of km's over very shallow flats before finally coming to the creek entrance where the water got a lot deeper and we were thinking this is good;) Many planes flew over shaking the kayaks before we finally got away from them and i hooked up to a good fish my guess a 55cm+ flathead but the angle of my rod prohibited the 4lb coming out and ping my smith camion was gone:ohmy:

feeling pretty crap at this point we found a shallow inlet full of monster toadies:silly: So we had many compititions of first to five, first to 3 all on lures. We decided that we could be spending our time better so we left the toads and headed back to the creek mouth where we were greeted by a terrible sight.

For 100m in every direction there was just sand:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :( and about a kilometre of ankle deep water which required us to walk the kayaks the hole way. i was thinking "ah well attleast it's not mud" :laugh:

finally made it back to the river and had another flick at the pipeline where fraser picked up a pike about 30cm long. Catch of the day:silly: Left shortly after this to go back to the boat ramp and was greeted by a port security guy:huh: He said just a "friendly" warning we saw you earlier today being to close to a dock but saw your fishing rods so we decided not to fine you. The guy was just doing his job but really did he have nothing better to do than wait 6hrs for us to come back and tell us that. He took down my number plate *dam* and left, besides i don't think we were any where close to 30mtrs from the boat:dry:

Got into the car and took a wrong turn and we got sucked onto the gateway where we had to fork out another $2.90 and had to come home via kingsford smith drive just to finish the day as good as it started.

At one point in that drive home i thought of a classic line from a funniest home video where the guys boat sinks and he jokingly said, "why don't we just go home now before we all die or something".:laugh: :laugh:

ah well a huge report about nothing really:laugh:

cheers

jack

it's hard to tell, there are many holes grouped together but they don't really look like your usual yabby holes as the not as wide and don't seem as deep. My guess is that there are not yabbies but i could be wrong.

By the way just did a rough estimate with a pice of string and the aid of google maps and it turns out with a few detours along the way we did a bit over 18kms

Archived