DAYLIGHT SAVING

rayke1938

Noticed that W.A. is introducing daylight savings for a three year trial.

Are you old enough to remember when we had it.Personally I enjoyed it . I was working shift work at the time and grabbed as many early and late start shifts as possible. This enabled me to raise our house to beat any future floods ( its not nice to have water running through the house). When i completed that project i tended to grab the 2 pm starts was able to go fishing and crabbing before work.

When i was last in Scotland it was daylight from 4am till 10 pm in summer and everyone coped with the long days and they have been doing it for years without the carpets fading or the chools going off the lay.

Now that I am retired I am still in favour of it as I have always wakened early( probably from having to get up and milk before school)

Maybe i am being selfish what do you think?

A real bonus would be able to fish some of the impoundments that have 6 am start times which is often after the peak time for surface fishing.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/11/07 19:05

Well I like getting up early - I also like fishing early - like a couple of hours before sun up.

These days that means I have to leave home at 1.30am to be on the water by 2.30am as the sun starts getting up sooo early at about 4.30am. I would love an extra hr sleep.

If sun up was say 5.30am instead of 4.30am I would get more fish:blink:

Yeah i agree with it.

I like to idea as RAy pointed out of gettign to a dam and being able to fish the peak surface action period.

Also having some more light after work would be nice.

I heard on a radio interview with Beatie he mentioned he was anti the idea due t increased risk of sun cancer. I hate when good ideas are put on hold due to morons. I think people should be given to choice to either be sun smart or not seriously, if they dont opt to be smart, stuff em.

Meh maybe thats a little cynical but my point stands, if thats the best reason preventing what a joke.

Angus

I always figured that in a tropical environment like queensland, daylight saving would be more usefull in winter.

Like most people who have experienced day light savings in western or northern Qld, I am against it. It may suite south East Queensland better, but it certainly does not suite areas where it is already light until 8pm at night!

But one of the reasons I choose to earn 50% less than people in private industry is the lifestyle conditions when working for the Govt. I pretty much choose my own start and finish times and days I work, as long as I have worked 145 hours in each 4 weeks block, I can do what I like!

Brian, you may be able to get out of bed at a later clock time, but it also means you going to work an hour earlier than previous \"sun time\" meaning an hours less fishing of a morning!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/08 10:15

blue_mako wrote:

When I was down at Lake MacQuarie I quite enjoyed it. I'd like it if it was up here once again. But our government thinks we are stupid and it causes confusion :P .

Troy

ye troy when i was in nsw it was great u got like an hour more of sunlight...but i know what u mean the government thinks where stupid but infact the government are the stupid ones.

Actually there was a referendum, and the majority of Qlder's dont want it.

Hey you insideous Mexicans, you have invaded the BRC site! my forum posts are showing up in Mexican time!! noooooooooooo my monitor is fading............

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/08 19:04

i remember when we had daylight saving last and I am all for it, there just seems to be so many more advantages (for me anyway)

being able to play outside with the kids longer

going for a fish in the arvo coz i can make it down in time to fish dusk

And what brian said about sleeping in a little longer so that i can leave later to get a morning fish in. in summer im up at a like 3 / 330 am so an extra hour would be very welcome.

Gerty_92 wrote:

ye i heard about that its really weird...anyways i dont see y the government are so reluctant to put in a trial and then just send out a census afterwards to ask what everyone thought of it. it really is that hard....

I hope peter beatie is reading this...:woohoo:

Because they already did, and it got voted down.

Archived