Looking for prawns.

jakhunta

Hi everone , Im looking for a reliable spot to get live prawns with my cast net. It has to be somewhere in the Brisbane river and from the bank. I've been drooling over the pictures of all the big threadys being taken and Im thinking that I wouldnt mind a piece of that action.;) Ican get plenty of mullet and herring but I think prawn would be more productive. Any

suggestions would be welcome.

Herring work very well aswell for threadys mate, especially in the lower reaches. But for prawns, most of the local pontoons and mudbanks you can find should hold prawns, but sometimes you only catch a couple or none, sometimes you catch kg's. Best just sussing out snag free spots and giving them a go.

I know this spot is not close to where you live but... There is a jetty in graceville (have attatched it) at high tide cast back towards the trees... and if you feel like staying there its a great fishing spot also.. Spot has never failed me for prawns so give it a shot one day

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=graceville+brisbane&ie=UTF8&ll=-27.5238,152.985306&spn=0.022378,0.025191&z=15

On the right hand side where the creek joins the river is where the jetty is.

Archived