jew and thready bonanaza

nuckle

hey,

last 3 nights been fishing with rob and troy for threadys and jew on lures. luanched at brekky creek ramp and headed downriver ( all im aloud to say )rob spent a fair while looking for shows on the sounder. after a while selected a spot that was alive with fish

the first night troy got onto four jew all around the 80cm mark on lipless cranks and rob got a 90cm thready and a 82cm jewie on his light gear which was kept for a feed .

on the second night we pulled 4 jew , 2 to rob and 2 to me which was a double hookup at one stage!! troy also got smoked buy a suspected m+ thready on his baitcaster:( bad luck

3rd night i wasnt able to go so rob went with morty. morty was able to pull another ripper thready that went 120cm but unfortunatly had trouble going back so was kept for a feed, rob followed that with another 90cm thready that was released

heres some pics ( more to come from robs camera )

aamisc012pu9.th.jpg

2jewbr9.th.jpg

cheers

yeah Ive noticed the threadies shut down a bit over the past couple of months but there have still been a few around, the good thing is a lot of blokes have abandoned some of my hot spots lol and Im able to fish them alone and spend more time on the sounder checking the bottom, Ive got a really good thready spot that produces every time if you guys are willing to swap some info on jewies.. Brad

It goes to show what a bit of homework can do. I recently read an artical in a fishing mag about looking between the padocks, the guy was saying basicly that we all cross alot of good ground on our way to fishing spots without really taking the time to notice what we're flying over the top of, I think there are probably alot of really good fish holding spots in the brissy river we are yet to find, even out towards the mouth. I know I'll certainly be doing some strickly reconosence trips in the near future getting ready for the warmer weather.

You guys did a great job!

straddiebrad wrote:

we used to catch jew at the mouth of breakie creek back in a day using fresh tiger prawns from land dont know about now great fishing guys , i like the way u took your time to find that right spot well done

50 years ago = August = westerly winds = ekka = start of opera season== big jew from mouth of Brekky creek.Cant remember his name but the promoter of the opera used to only go to opening night and would then spend most nights at brekky creek fishing. Always used to get a write up in the Telegraph newspaper.

Cheers

Ray

Archived