shark report.

Guest IcEkNiGhT

Guest IcEkNiGhT

Went fishing down the local haunt last night,mate got 5 bullies on thursday night so i thoughti would give it ago, about 2 am the first bullie about 6 foot was boat side. as i tied the trace off and take a picture of it it thrashed its head pulling the hooks out :( about 3am was the next hit. the rachet was sreaming and woke me up i locked the 80 down and the fight was underway,it ran for ages before i gained a little line. then the unthinkable happend the hooks pulled :( ahhwells baited up agian and floated another mullet out. another 3 more half hearted runs and it was time to pack up :( i think i might have to downsize in hooks. never missed this many in my life. alto i have just upgraded to 16/0 hooks. could be a little big for pups :P better go back to a 12/0 next trip i think,

Jeff, but what weight gear are you using? iceknight is no doubt using much heavier gear than what you are using:)

So long as you have light gear for the small sharks, they can be just as good as a large shark on heavier gear. That is, in terms of the fight. Of course it isn't the same as pulling in some 8ft shark on heavy line, but small sharks on light gear are fun too!

iceknight: bad luck about the misses! I look forward to seeing some nice catches in the future.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/11/26 11:31

Guest IcEkNiGhT

HAHAHAHA ur right.... im useing a 16/0 penn senator with 1600 meters of 130lb jammed on it :P and also a penn senetor 10/0 jammed packed with 80lbs :P but im not chasing pups... the 6 footer... thats to the forke, was on 130lbs... a straight up skull drag! :P cant wait for the classic :)

Archived