hervey bay report...long post..sorry

dunney

ok well last weekend i got back from about 4 days fishign in hervey bay while up there doing love jobs for family. however i got one good day so i decided to take the mrs out for a fish...

what can i say.it was one of those days wear everything i did turned to gold.the weather,the reef's and the fish decided to play along too!!

started out at the arti reef to sus out some new ground and got some good marks,saved them and tried with plastics but tide was running to hard..so went to my little secret reef and began planned drifts.

first cast was a very very solid hook up..i have never herd my 2500 advantage scream so hard...like i mean this reel sounded like it was goign to explode...i have got some good tuna on this reel but they never pulled this hard...anyways this was a solid golden..easily 15kg ish..as u guessed by now i got blown away on the reef.

anyways about 6 drifts later we had our feed of reefies...2 very nice parrot..released a few just legal squire, legal sweeties and some more parrot as we had enought for us to eat.

as the sun got higher we moved out only 1m deeper then my mrs hooked up and the 2500 shimano saros begins to spin.....and fast!!this poor little reel was seriously screaming for mercy.she was beggin to panic that these "small' rods and reels are toys and didnt wanna break my gear.after some re-assurance that the combo was up the the challenge and wouldnt break she becomes more confident and loads the 3-6kg tcurve up big time......long story short this golden towed the boat about 3km away from the reef and took 1 hour to land (with some help by yours truely)...he was stuffed by the end so we decided to keep him for a feed.

easily my girlfriends biggest fish...i was very proud of her.fish of a lifetime for her.. was special moment kinda for me..kinda sounds gay i no..i think i know how you dads feel when your son's get their first fish.

anways we lost another 4 very very good golden's to pulled hooks and reef structure...we chased some tuna on the way back and i got 2 mack tuna around 4kg..headed home at 1pm for a feed and a couple orange sherberts around the bbq

only got two pics for the day

jared

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/tenielle__s_gt_AFO.jpg

post-663-144598474806_thumb.jpg

TerryH wrote:

please define "fair hike" <15km?

umm well i did around 45km's (round trip) which included drifting.

i will work out tongiht on my chart plotter how far it is from the marina to get to my mark. but its about twice as far as the arti is from the ramp if that helps...maybe 10km ish one way

however i would imagine there should be some at gatagers bay which would be fishable from a body board its that close

saltshaker wrote:

TerryH wrote:
please define "fair hike" <15km?

umm well i did around 45km's (round trip) which included drifting.

i will work out tongiht on my chart plotter how far it is from the marina to get to my mark. but its about twice as far as the arti is from the ramp if that helps...maybe 10km ish one way

however i would imagine there should be some at gatagers bay which would be fishable from a body board its that close

getting the ferry to moon point and using your yak from there would be perfect.. moon point is damn good.. everything comes right up to the shore smashing bait

Archived