the quality control at wynumm marine and cruis

noname

well i helped pull a 225 zuki off a mates 685 cruise craft explorer today, and kinda in dis belief of what we found, on what is claimed to be 1 of australias premier trailer boats on the market, all i can say is what the flop are people payin for, b cos it aint quality parts or workmanship.well we got the motor off, because of a soft transom, after only 4 years, and once it was off noticed no sicaflex on bolts washers nothin, then there is a alloy plate over the top edge of the transomand held on by what looked like countersunk screws, but wrong, countersunk bolts going into timber! good on ya fellas, musta been a monday or friday boat.well unscrewed the first 1, the 2nd bolt was a different length, as was the 3rd ands 4th.and zink engine bolts that look more like papacking bolts to me. it goes on and on and i'll put up pics soon as i get back around there to reinstall the motor. keep yas posted.

rob.

I know this isn't going to help your mate but with the reputation of cruise craft you would hope it's a 1 of but with the money you pay for them that just shouldn't happen 1 of or not.

Is he going to show them the quality of there work man ship?not fan myself.

I had the same problem from the mention dealer when i bought my brand new stacer alloy boat :). I had water comming through the bolts and after numerous time returning to dealer to get it fixed under warranty i decided to go and pay someone to do it properly.

I'd show them what you have found... I have owned an explorer 500 for the last 5 years. Bought it new and it has been a great boat with no problems whatsoever.

Its ability to deal with bay and offshore conditions is great. I am in the market for a new boat now and considering another explorer - maybe a 625.

we have all the bits n pieces and going to show them to the sons at cc, let them know wynumm marine did the engine install also, seeing as the cc factory owns wynumm marine, i'm guessing something will be done. but either way it will be getting repaired then off to slay some red emperor up off fraser with a few other mates, hopefully with a few from here. the 625 a friend just flogged off was badddddddddddd great looking boat but had in it a bad shudder when comming off the back of waves, no not huge waves either, the front bulkhead it seemed was a lil to wide for the front of the boat, and caused endless problems, if you consider a new or later version let me know and i can put you in touch with the people who know. but keen to see how his new cruise craft 685 goes with a 300 hp yammy out the back, runnin in, it was was doin just under 100 kph :woohoo: at not wot!

Archived